Do you have a favorite cable news political host ?

I guess if you know little about how urban, suburban, exurban, and rural areas break, Kornacki adds value……..

He also goes off on counties in AREA #1 or STATE #1 as if they matter in a huge way when Biden has already won Arizona.

But, he’s paid to be an “expert” and they gave him a “cool” digital map; so, he pontificates and adds little-to-nothing.
Who do you watch on election night who's better?

Who do you watch on election night who's better?
I look at the returns by county/city - if Hillary underperforms in Philly, I don’t need to see Kornacki’s trained khaki-dork routine.

Philly isn’t just Philly; Philly isn’t just PA; PA isn’t just MI, WI, MN…..

Kornacki is as valuable as in ingrown toenail.

I rarely watch any of the "news" shows/channels unless there is a major news story going on, but I do appreciate Anderson Cooper on the times I see him.

Maybe it's just nostalgia, but he just feels like "important news" to me.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I dislike Anderson, but he seems to fumble over his words more now than he used to. He doesn't seem as sharp as he once was. I guess father time comes for us all.

Just curious who you might appreciate or respect enough to call a favorite . . ?

I am a big fan of Maddow, but, she's only on once a week these days. I regularly tune in to Ari Melber's 6 PM broadcast and will also hardly ever miss Lawrence O'Donnell's 10 o'clock show . .

Your thoughts . . ?
I also like Ari and Rachel on MSNBC
On CNN I like and respect Christiane Ammanpour
I also like PBS folks Amna Nawaz and Yamiche Alcindor

I've had to turn off cable news. Really, I haven't watched 10 hours of anything on TV since Carolina lost to Alabama.

When I did, Fareed Zakaria was what I considered the most important hour of TV news. I liked Maddow, Lawrence, Nicolle Wallace, Brian Williams, Stephanie Ruhle on MSNBC, Ari and Joy-Ann bring a different perspective, John Berman on CNN. I need to watch more PBS NewsHour and Washington Week in Review.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I dislike Anderson, but he seems to fumble over his words more now than he used to. He doesn't seem as sharp as he once was. I guess father time comes for us all.
I haven't noticed it, but I really don't watch much at all any more.

He's only 57, I hope nothing too severe is going on.

Unless there is *actual* breaking news, not what passes as breaking news these days… I see no reason to watch anything other than the half hour of BBC that leads in, and then PBS News Hour.

Anything outside of that is theater and personalities and advertisements.

Last edited:
Back