Editor of the National Review uses the N word on Megyn Kelly

Very charitably, I think it’s possible he was tongue tied trying to say both “immigrants” and “migrants” at the same time and it came out the way that it did, but ultimately since he is defending some unbelievably vile rhetoric from JD Vance, I’m not really inclined to care one way or the other whether he gets the benefit of the doubt. Fuck him and fuck every single person who tries to defend Vance and Trump in this whole ordeal with the Haitian migrants.

That's almost certainly what happened.

I get so tired of these made up stories.
Yeah, and again, I think it is vile that he is even defending Vance’s vile statements, but someone like Rich Lowry is almost certainly not going to drop the N-word in an interview like that, and no matter what we think of his politics, I imagine he’s probably not going to drop it in private either, though obviously I can’t prove that.

I'll go with he knew what the callers had said and began to quote them verbatim before catching himself...not that that those callers using the n-word offended him :sneaky:

Was he defending Vance? I got the sense that both interviewer and interviewee were slamming Vance for admitting he made it up? I didn't listen carefully.

There's too much really, really, obvious and blatant racism out there right now to worry about whether it was just a mistake or a Freudian slip (if that distinction is ever knowable or ever matters), in my view. I mean, the entire obsession with the Haitians is classic textbook virulent racism. You don't need n-words for that to be true.

Yeah, and again, I think it is vile that he is even defending Vance’s vile statements, but someone like Rich Lowry is almost certainly not going to drop the N-word in an interview like that, and no matter what we think of his politics, I imagine he’s probably not going to drop it in private either, though obviously I can’t prove that.
I agree with the exception that he wouldn't drop it in private. I'm not saying he would, but I don't think enough of him to think he wouldn't, either.

Wow. I don't hear the immigrants and migrants thing you guys are talking about at all. And I'm trying to be as objective as possible.

Is this another one of those blue/gold dress things?
Yeah, I will admit it is really, really difficult to parse. I have listened to it several times, both at normal speed and slowed speed. It’s definitely questionable and I would certainly not bet any amount of money one way or the other on what he said. I’m just trying to assume best intent and that the guy in charge of the National Review knows better than dropping the N-word.

I just heard him say Geese There just not alot of Dems that go Goose hunting , I guess why they get upset

Wow. I don't hear the immigrants and migrants thing you guys are talking about at all. And I'm trying to be as objective as possible.

I'm trying to figure out how to phonetically type out what I hear. The best I can do is something like this: "mehgr".

To break it down even more, it's "m-short i-gr" where the "gr" is a digraph (and seemingly cut off early).

It very much comes across as rhyming word to the n-word, but the first consonant seems to be an "m" when I hear it.

I'm trying to figure out how to phonetically type out what I hear. The best I can do is something like this: "mehgr".

To break it down even more, it's "m-short i-gr" where the "gr" is a digraph (and seemingly cut off early).

It very much comes across as rhyming word to the n-word, but the first consonant seems to be an "m" when I hear it.
Yeah, same here. The first consonant I hear is 'm' not 'n' but again I wouldn't bet any money on it.

I didn't hear it either. And I went back and played it a few times.

You hang around a better class of conservatives than I do.
Oh, let me not deceive anyone. I grew up hearing that word being used in everyday, casual conversation, and unfortunately, used it myself more times in my teenage years than I'd like to admit.

Was Kelly finding fault with JD Vance making up stories about pets?
Vance said he has to do this to draw attention to “the issue.”
What is the issue? That there are legal immigrants there helping the economy?

I mean, he's advancing a lie about a group of African-descended immigrants that plays upon base racist tropes.

Why wouldn't he do it in private? And even if he wouldn't it's not like that alone makes up for the really racist shit he's talking about right now.

Other them, isolate them, blame them for all manners of ill, use (barely) coded racist tropes and tacitly encourage others to engage in violence against them, just don't say the N word, and you are God's noblest of men?

Going out of the way to give this man cover because he didn't use a single word that is a foghorn rather than a dog whistle? Why?

They can make things up to draw attention an issue, remember?

Back