Editor of the National Review uses the N word on Megyn Kelly

I mean, he's advancing a lie about a group of African-descended immigrants that plays upon base racist tropes.

Why wouldn't he do it in private? And even if he wouldn't it's not like that alone makes up for the really racist shit he's talking about right now.

Other them, isolate them, blame them for all manners of ill, use (barely) coded racist tropes and tacitly encourage others to engage in violence against them, just don't say the N word, and you are God's noblest of children?
Yeah, totally fair and valid points you make, for sure. I definitely will not go too far out of my way to give this guy the benefit of the doubt.

If Rich Lowry believes (as he apparently does), that making up lies in order to draw media attention to a larger (and yet unnamed) issue, then he should be okay with democrats spreading that he used the “n-word” in order to draw attention to the larger issue of racism within the Republican Party.

Same guy, by the way, who wrote the editorial about how Trump can win on character.

But really, I don't care whether he said the n-word or not. He has an enormous body of published work. Either the racism is in there or it isn't. His vocabular choice on one TV appearance just doesn't move the needle.

Spoiler alert: it's in there.

Very charitably, I think it’s possible he was tongue tied trying to say both “immigrants” and “migrants” at the same time and it came out the way that it did, but ultimately since he is defending some unbelievably vile rhetoric from JD Vance, I’m not really inclined to care one way or the other whether he gets the benefit of the doubt. Fuck him and fuck every single person who tries to defend Vance and Trump in this whole ordeal with the Haitian migrants.
I posted it in another thread, but that is exactly what he said happened.

That's almost certainly what happened.

I get so tired of these made up stories.
yeah, i'm not inclined to give this guy the benefit of doubt whatsoever but that's what i heard - instead of my-grants he started to say mig-rants then caught himself.

Was Kelly finding fault with JD Vance making up stories about pets?
Vance said he has to do this to draw attention to “the issue.”
What is the issue? That there are legal immigrants there helping the economy?
Yes, people keep missing the fact that they were basically invited as a part of a program, because Springfield needed more people as their population was declining. At least that is what I read.

Also, read an interview with a foreman in Springfield and he spoke very highly of the Haitian's work habits and reliability.

Very charitably, I think it’s possible he was tongue tied trying to say both “immigrants” and “migrants” at the same time and it came out the way that it did, but ultimately since he is defending some unbelievably vile rhetoric from JD Vance, I’m not really inclined to care one way or the other whether he gets the benefit of the doubt. Fuck him and fuck every single person who tries to defend Vance and Trump in this whole ordeal with the Haitian migrants.
He's defending Trump and JV, you know he was thinking the N word.

Yes, people keep missing the fact that they were basically invited as a part of a program, because Springfield needed more people as their population was declining. At least that is what I read.

Also, read an interview with a foreman in Springfield and he spoke very highly of the Haitian's work habits and reliability.
I wonder how many of those Haitians are doing work that the local population mostly isn't willing to do, at least anymore. It's likely the same story as in other communities all over the country. Remove the immigrants to those places and lots of local industries - construction, retirement and nursing homes, hospitals, in-home care, and others - will suffer or even collapse.

When I make an M sound, my lips are closed. When I make an N sound, my lips are parted.

As long as we're giving him the benefit of the doubt, let's say that the video is out of sync with the audio (which is quite common).

You hang around a better class of conservatives than I do.
Are you hanging around with people dropping the n-word regularly?

Outside of movies and songs, I don't think I've heard the word since high school. And I'm sure I hang around with plenty of liberals and conservatives. Maybe once or twice on a basketball court coming from a black guy.

Outside of movies, I don't think I've heard the word since high school. And I'm sure I hang around with plenty of liberals and conservatives. Maybe once or twice on a basketball court coming from a black guy.
I guess you haven’t listened to unedited rap music in the past 25 years.

Outside of movies and songs, I don't think I've heard the word since high school. And I'm sure I hang around with plenty of liberals and conservatives. Maybe once or twice on a basketball court coming from a black guy.
You obviously haven't been over to my dad's for fight night recently. 😡

Back