Editor of the National Review uses the N word on Megyn Kelly

Are you hanging around with people dropping the n-word regularly?

Outside of movies and songs, I don't think I've heard the word since high school. And I'm sure I hang around with plenty of liberals and conservatives. Maybe once or twice on a basketball court coming from a black guy.
I hear it regularly. Not every day. But everytime I'm around Trump supporters, who because the way I look, my accent, and my age, just assume I am one of them.

I hear it regularly. Not every day. But everytime I'm around Trump supporters, who because the way I look, my accent, and my age, just assume I am one of them.

Wow, that's crazy to me.

I never hear it dropped by white people, and I live in a very rural, conservative area (in California, granted, but still...white MAGA everywhere out here).

Just a different world to me. Can you give us some idea where you hear it? Is it like at bars or work at a factory or what?

I heard an “m” sound. IMO there’s nothing to this and frankly it makes the left look desperate for its next big gotcha moment.

There are plenty of actual substantive problems to be concerned about, but this one is quite a reach at best, and click-bait at worst.

Just a different world to me. Can you give us some idea where you hear it? Is it like at bars or work at a factory or what?
I'm retired since February, but it had been a long, long time since I heard that sort of language at work. In recent years, I have heard it at church, in grocery stores, and walking around my neighborhood stopping to chat when garage doors were open and people were sitting around in a group. Maybe I'm a coward, maybe I've just heard it all my life, but I just don't react to it the situations mentioned above because by this time people are using it both as an insult and a means of getting a rise out of others. I don't want to give them the satisfaction of a reaction, so I just ignore it. The time for reacting was many years ago. When someone uses it today, they're just an asshat trying to trigger somebody. Ignoring them may not be the "best" response, but it doesn't scratch a MAGA's "owning the libs" itch either.

Last edited:
I'm retired since February, but it had been a long, long time since I heard that sort of language at work. In recent years, I have heard it at church, in grocery stores, and walking around my neighborhood stopping to chat when garage doors were open and people were sitting around in a group. Maybe I'm a coward, maybe I've just heard it all my life, but I just don't react to it the situations mentioned above because by this time people are using it both as an insult and a means of getting a rise out of others. I don't want to give them the satisfaction of a reaction, so I just ignore it. The time for reacting was many years ago. When someone uses it today, they're just an asshat trying to trigger somebody. Ignoring them may not be the "best" response, but it doesn't scratch a MAGA's "owning the libs" itch either.
Crazy stuff. It hasn't happened to me in decades. It would be shocking if I heard that from any of my acquaintances.

Back