Gus Walz

For clarity and context, I don't think his parents say he is autistic. He has a non-verbal learning disorder. That doesn't mean he's non-verbal -- it means he has difficulty processing non-verbal information like spatial awareness and social cues. His verbal skills are fine.
This is my understanding as well. I believe he is neurodivergent but not autistic.

Admittedly I didn’t know any details about Gus (other than he existed) until last night.

As soon as I saw him, and his reaction(s), I knew. My wife and I have been together for 26 years, and her son from her first marriage is 29 and autistic with Asperger’s. He’s high functioning…able to work and live in his own apartment about 5 minutes from us, but definitely some unique challenges. He’ll watch the same Disney movies now as he did when he was 8-9…regulating emotions can still be a challenge…struggles with the concept of money, so we manage his finances. But all that said, he does great given his challenges.

The emotion Gus showed last night probably tugged at the hearts of most, but especially those with special needs kids. That he has that open affection for his Dad shows what kind of person Tim is, whether you agree with his politics or not.

For clarity and context, I don't think his parents say he is autistic. He has a non-verbal learning disorder. That doesn't mean he's non-verbal -- it means he has difficulty processing non-verbal information like spatial awareness and social cues. His verbal skills are fine.

Yeah - the interesting thing is that's the non-verbal (outside lip reading) is exactly what America got. Normal people overwhelmed, proud and happy.

Everyone raved about the speeches and the musical performances by Stevie Wonder and John Legend, but for me Gus was the highlight last night.

Seeing his emotion with tears in his eyes and pointing to the stage saying "That's my dad! " That moment brought me to tears and captured the ethos of this campaign...and I confess I'm I bit verklempt posting this.

Everyone raved about the speeches and the musical performances by Stevie Wonder and John Legend, but for me Gus was the highlight last night.

Seeing his emotion with tears in his eyes and pointing to the stage saying "That's my dad! " That moment brought me to tears and captured the ethos of this campaign...and I confess I'm I bit verklempt posting this.
Yes, a perfect example of being the ticket of joy. The Walz and Harris/Emhoff families are so damn wholesome it’s unreal. People who really love and support each other.

Yes, a perfect example of being the ticket of joy. The Walz and Harris/Emhoff families are so damn wholesome it’s unreal. People who really love and support each other.
Exactly.

While on the republican side we have a VP candidate who admitted to telling his child to "shut the hell up" when on the phone with trump accepting the invitation.

I know the marching orders are to fight the weird narrative, but this isn't going to get it done with compassionate humans. I guess she's following the lead of the orange cult leader, but good people don't make light of those with difficult life challenges.

Let me add FUCK Ann Coulter, you wanna be political hack.
It appears to be gone? Perhaps even evil has standards

Back