How do you stab 6, 7 9 year olds to death?; Anti-Immigrant UK Protests explode in violence

• Thread starter Thread starter Batt Boy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 50
  • Views: 763
WTF is wrong with people?
My experience working in mental health has taught me a lot. When you ask yourself questions like this or like "who in their right mind would do....." - the answer is usually no one.

No one in their right mind would do something like this. I imagine we'll learn that this kid was in a mental health crisis (psychotic/delusional) or that he was radicalized online.

He's Rwandan. There's a decent chance that many of his family members -- including young children -- were hacked to death with machetes in the genocide there. Violence begets violence.

He's Rwandan. There's a decent chance that many of his family members -- including young children -- were hacked to death with machetes in the genocide there. Violence begets violence.
maybe so. Something is off, but HE was born in 2007 in Wales. The Rwandan genocide was in '94.

maybe so. Something is off, but HE was born in 2007 in Wales. The Rwandan genocide was in '94.
Yes, I'm aware.

I'm also aware of the fact that we live in a world in which Serbians and Croatians were killing each other around that time over stuff that happened in WWII, or under Ottoman Rule, or both. We live in a world in which Palestinians and Jews are murdering each other in a cycle of revenge that goes back decades or longer. If this kid was told stories about how his family died, he might have internalized those messages.

I mean, obviously I have no idea if that actually happened -- but you asked "how" and this is one way how. If he was in Wales, it means probably that his family applied for asylum and received it, which suggests to me that they were likely victims during the massacre. All of the other stuff is pure speculation, of course.

There are a lot of crimes that fall into the "how is this possible," camp. Like, how does a man sexually molest his two year old son? And yet . . .

Meanwhile, right wing anti-immigrant (the perpetrator’s parents are immigrants) protests triggered by this horrific act are out of control.

I AM NOT ENDORSING ANY of THESE “SOURCES” OR THE INFO THEREIN — just providing a look at what is going on.

Far-right riots erupt in U.K. in the wake of child murders​

Far-right, anti-immigration demonstrations stoked by conspiracy theories and AI-generated images spread on social media spilled over into violence in cities across the nation.

“…
On Saturday, groups in Leeds waving St. George’s Cross flags, England’s national flag regularly flown by far-right groups, shouted “Muslims off our streets,” pairing it with a slur suggesting they were criminal child abusers. In the city of Hull, rioters threw bottles and smashed a window at a hotel housing asylum-seekers as demonstrators clashed with police.

What started as targeted anti-immigration demonstrations quickly descended into directionless disorder. A library in Liverpool, reopened in 2023 as an “education to employment” service for people of all abilities, was set ablaze.

One police officer in the city was hit on the head with a chair and another kicked and knocked off his motorcycle. The police force responsible for the region has confirmed that two officers were taken to the hospital with injuries. …”

(cont’d)

“…

Some of the protests did not turn violent. In the southwest city of Bristol, groups shouted “we want our country back,” while others chanted “England ‘til I die.” There were also clashes with counterprotesters singing “racist scum, off our streets.”

The latest demonstrations follow a week of riots in the country after three young girls were killed in a knife attack at a Taylor Swift-themed dance party in the town of Southport. At the center of the demonstrations was a conspiracy theory, spread on social media, based on a lie that the perpetrator was Muslim, an asylum-seeker or both.

Less than three hours after the attack on the girls, AI-generated images were shared on X by an account called Europe invasion, depicting a man in traditional Muslim dress waving a knife outside the U.K.’s houses of Parliament. The post has since been viewed over 900,000 times.

… And so the nation was only briefly united in mourning for the girls before their hometown of Southport was beset by violence as a group of mostly white men threw bottles and bricks at police officers and a mosque.

Reporting restrictions that had prevented the naming of the suspect, who is under the age of 18, were eventually lifted in order to stop the spread of misinformation after a false name circulated online.

As it happens, the suspect Axel Rudakubana, 17, was born in the Welsh capital of Cardiff and had lived for years in a village near Southport itself, police said. The motive behind the stabbings remains unknown.

… Founder of the far-right English Defence League Tommy Robinson — who last week fled Britain, where he was due to be in court over alleged contempt proceedings — was among the first to call for nationwide protests, urging his 800,000 X followers to “hit the streets.” Other online personalities such as internet influencer Andrew Tate, who remains in Romania as he prepares to stand trial on sex trafficking charges, said in a video on X that the attacker was an “illegal immigrant.” …”

“…
Home Secretary Yvette Cooper said: “As a nation we will not tolerate criminal behaviour, dangerous extremism, and racist attacks that go against everything our country stands for.”

Earlier, PM Keir Starmer called unrest in UK streets "far-right thuggery", and said that Muslim communities had been targeted. …”

AI and social media (and fake "news" organizations) may well be the death of us all within the next few decades. The percentage of people globally who seemingly lack any ability to critically examine and evaluate the credibility of various sources of information is simply staggering.

WTF is wrong with people?
People are sick. Interesting that you didn’t have this outrage when shooters went into a black church or synagogue in the country you live in.

You are either ignorant, deplorable, or a sheep that gets mad on demand.

People are sick. Interesting that you didn’t have this outrage when shooters went into a black church or synagogue in the country you live in.

You are either ignorant, deplorable, or a sheep that gets mad on demand.
you have zero idea about what I have ben outraged about in the past

Back