I do want conservatives on here

Speaking of “Didn’t Earn It” how do right wingers feel about the merits and qualifications of Donald Trump Jr. , Eric Trump, and Ivanka Trump having had official advisor roles with associated security clearances in the previous presidential administration? In what way were those people qualified, aside from being the children of the sitting president?

Maybe DEI stands for “Don Jr., Eric, and Ivanka”!

I believe it can either help or hurt. It can help when done correctly by bringing new perspectives. It can hurt when done incorrectly if more qualified candidates are passed over on the basis of not checking the race, gender, or whatever other boxes the organization is trying to check.

An obvious example of DEI hurting an organization would be female referees in the NBA. There’s no benefit to the NBA to having female refs, and performance-wise the female refs for the most part have been atrocious.
Your example is referees in the NBA? Referees are criticized almost daily, most being male, and you use a sample size of 8% of the total referees to highlight where DEI goes wrong?

Sorry, but that's probably the least compelling case for DEI being harmful that I've seen introduced.

A population that's diverse requires representation. The spirit of DEI provides for a wide range of ideas and experiences to be introduced, broadening and improving everyone's experience. That's a hallmark of our democracy.

And that still doesn't justify the use of DEI to disqualify Kamala Harris, either before or after her ascension to VP.

I believe it can either help or hurt. It can help when done correctly by bringing new perspectives. It can hurt when done incorrectly if more qualified candidates are passed over on the basis of not checking the race, gender, or whatever other boxes the organization is trying to check.

An obvious example of DEI hurting an organization would be female referees in the NBA. There’s no benefit to the NBA to having female refs, and performance-wise the female refs for the most part have been atrocious.
Did you have any data or analysis supporting your view about female NBA refs? I mostly don’t even notice them anymore, TBH. I tend to only notice them when they suck and I assume that a female ref is just as likely as a male ref to suck.

Calling Harris a whore or a hoe is obviously not ok. Calling her a DEI hire is fair game IMO. That’s what she was. I thought liberals saw value in DEI, so why do they even take that as offensive?
What do you mean when you say "DEI is fair game" ?

DEI has nothing to do with implementing policies that mandate the hiring and advancement of those who are not qualified over those who are qualified.

It is obvious that MAGA/GQPers are using DEI as a dog whistle for bigots . Is that what you are implying when you say "DEI is fair game" ?

What do you mean when you say "DEI is fair game" ?

DEI has nothing to do with implementing policies that mandate the hiring and advancement of those who are not qualified over those who are qualified.

It is obvious that MAGA/GQPers are using DEI as a dog whistle for bigots . Is that what you are implying when you say "DEI is fair game" ?
I’ve fully explained my position on Harris as a DEI hire in my few posts above. Including clarifying my personal opinions on the value (or lack thereof) of DEI as a general practice. I have nothing more to share than what I already posted above. Keeping it moving. Don’t have time to respond to 50 posts on this topic and say basically the same thing in all 50.

I thought the old board was moderated unevenly too. Saw conservatives regularly called magats and no one cared, but libtard would get you banned post haste.

And the number of people who called krafty a troll was ridiculous. Libs should just stfu about "trolls"..."Troll!!!" Is like the pheromone hornets release when they feel their hive is under attack

I thought the old board was moderated unevenly too. Saw conservatives regularly called magats and no one cared, but libtard would get you banned post haste.

And the number of people who called krafty a troll was ridiculous. Libs should just stfu about "trolls"
Everyone should “stfu” about “trolls” IMO. Grown adults with full agency over which message boards they frequent on the Internet should have a little bit more sense than to whine and cry about being called something as ridiculous as”MAGAt” or “libtard” by some anonymous goober with a weird made-up username like Cford or TarSpiel. Everyone, regardless of ideology, needs to grow a pair and quit taking this stuff so personally.

And the number of people who called krafty a troll was ridiculous. Libs should just stfu about "trolls"..."Troll!!!" Is like the pheromone hornets release when they feel their hive is under attack
to be clear, anyone who calls another poster a variation of the "R" word like libtard, gets a ban on the sports boards too. The "lib" part of that insult wasn't the problem on IC.

See my post directly above yours for my thoughts on DEI. Basically I think it’s good for companies and the like to not be run solely by old white guys, so in that regard there’s a place for considering diversity that can absolutely help bring fresh perspectives.

But any time you deal with affirmative action or similar, there is also the risk that you start being too prejudiced in your hires and start passing up the best candidates.

Generally the companies I have worked for have thought about diversity in ways that I find are helpful. But Joe Biden announcing to the world that he was going to hire a black woman to the Supreme Court (or VP) is absurd and significantly undermined the credibility of both women. Even though both of them were actually perfectly qualified to just be chosen based on merit and not their race/gender.

Does that answer your question?
1722783236805.png

Joe Biden intends to nominate first female black judge on historically white, male court: DEI goes too far!

1722783315846.png

Joe Biden intends to nominate first female black VP in history: DEI goes too far!

1722783388424.png

Democrats intend to nominate first female, black POTUS in history: DEI goes too far!

It's really hard to take this stuff seriously.

You seriously don't see the difference in MAGAt and libtard? MAGA is a political movement or philosophy, so what should the adherents be called? I think the insult inherent in "libtard" is self-evident.

It gets so exhausting having to coddle and baby other adults whose sensibilities are offended by being called names on an Internet message board forum.
I probably complained about that more than anyone. Why? Well there is a rule against it. But it also stifles good-faith conversation. How does that promote engagement? And then mods do it. I think I called someone an asshole once just to test the mods. Other than that I don't think I did although there might be a stray or two. But you are missing the point. I am not injured when someone calls me a racist or trumper or whatever. It just doesn't inspire me to engage. Also a fairly easy rule to enforce.

Everyone should “stfu” about “trolls” IMO. Grown adults with full agency over which message boards they frequent on the Internet should have a little bit more sense than to whine and cry about being called something as ridiculous as”MAGAt” or “libtard” by some anonymous goober with a weird made-up username like Cford or TarSpiel. Everyone, regardless of ideology, needs to grow a pair and quit taking this stuff so personally.

No, they should STFU about "trolls" because most of them ar not actually trolls, they're people with different views.

It's just mentally weak to have that as your go-to move when interacting with someone who has a conservative pov

No, they should STFU about "trolls" because most of them ar not actually trolls, they're people with different views.

It's just mentally weak to have that as your go-to move when interacting with someone who has a conservative pov
I agree, and it is just as mentally weak for people to go whining and crying and screaming to the moderators instead of just putting posters on ignore.

I don’t know how many times I have to say this. Literally nobody is attacking conservative posters because they have conservative points of view. Literally no one. Point out just one example please. I’m asking that to anyone. Point out one example where somebody is attacked because they express a conservative policy viewpoint. I have a hunch I’ll be waiting for a while.

And the name-calling and the trolling and the baiting and the inflaming goes both ways. You love to act like it is just liberal posters doing it. It’s not. That’s why I could not possibly care less how the board is moderated or if it is moderated at all.

I probably complained about that more than anyone. Why? Well there is a rule against it. But it also stifles good-faith conversation. How does that promote engagement? And then mods do it. I think I called someone an asshole once just to test the mods. Other than that I don't think I did although there might be a stray or two. But you are missing the point. I am not injured when someone calls me a racist or trumper or whatever. It just doesn't inspire me to engage. Also a fairly easy rule to enforce.

To be fair, you also told someone to suck your dick one time and you were not banned.

I agree, and it is just as mentally weak for people to go whining and crying and screaming to the moderators instead of just putting posters on ignore.

I don’t know how many times I have to say this. Literally nobody is attacking conservative posters because they have conservative points of view. Literally no one. Point out just one example please. I’m asking that to anyone. Point out one example where somebody is attacked because they express a conservative policy viewpoint. I have a hunch I’ll be waiting for a while.

And the name-calling and the trolling and the baiting and the inflaming goes both ways. You love to act like it is just liberal posters doing it. It’s not. That’s why I could not possibly care less how the board is moderated or if it is moderated at all.

I don't disagree with this.

But when a conservative tries to get under a liberals skin, it's trolling. When a lib does it to a conservative, no one cares...or at least thats how it was on the old board. You'd have to be a serious homer not to recognize that it was unevenly moderated.

But I do agree with your point about growing a pair. I've never complained to a mod about another poster, and never will. If you don't have thick skin - as either a conservative or a liberal - you should probably go somewhere else.

I don't disagree with this.

But when a conservative tries to get under a liberals skin, it's trolling. When a lib does it to a conservative, no one cares...or at least thats how it was on the old board. You'd have to be a serious homer not to recognize that it was unevenly moderated.

But I do agree with your point about growing a pair. I've never complained to a mod about another poster, and never will. If you don't have thick skin - as either a conservative or a liberal - you should probably go somewhere else.
Agreed. I do absolutely believe the other board was unevenly moderated. I won’t even try to argue that it wasn’t. I think it was a combination of factors, not the least of which was the hesitation to ban subscribing members of IC. That doesn’t make it right, but I think that had a lot to do with it.

I would much more prefer a board that is completely devoid of any moderation whatsoever other than banning people who make threats or use explicitly racist or hateful language.

I would also like to point out that I don’t think it’s actually the moderation that conservative posters truly have a problem with. I think it’s that a lot of their ideas and viewpoints are not taken seriously.

To be fair, you also told someone to suck your dick one time and you were not banned.
Yea. I did. That was when I was getting bombarded with verbal assaults and I figured what to heck. I was pushing the mods buttons.

Agreed. I do absolutely believe the other board was unevenly moderated. I won’t even try to argue that it wasn’t. I think it was a combination of factors, not the least of which was the hesitation to ban subscribing members of IC. That doesn’t make it right, but I think that had a lot to do with it.

I would much more prefer a board that is completely devoid of any moderation whatsoever other than banning people who make threats or use explicitly racist or hateful language.

I would also like to point out that I don’t think it’s actually the moderation that conservative posters truly have a problem with. I think it’s that a lot of their ideas and viewpoints are not taken seriously.
Thank you

This reflects my position. With the exception of violent threats and explicit hate language toward others, I oppose bans and restrictive moderation of posts.

It would be nice to hear from thoughtful conservatives who wish to engage in reality based policy discussions, but I also appreciate those MAGA posters who live on earth 2 because they keep me informed of the latest disinformation rising out of the right wing fever swamp and being spread on Fox,Newsmax,Breightbart,et al

Back