JD Vance Catch-all | (Merged with newest JD Vance stand-alone thread)

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 799
  • Views: 17K
  • Politics 
Did lilke the Beshear zinger on Vance the other day. Something like:
Vance is a fraud and has no conviction. but I guess his running mate has 34.
Actually, from the spate of Vance quotes, looks like he envisions the role for American women 2024 to be something like the late 1940s.

Infinite Loop Couch GIF by CmdrKitten

Vance pron

ennifer Aniston has criticised Donald Trump’s vice-presidential candidate, JD Vance, for resurfaced comments calling Democrats a "bunch of childless cat ladies with miserable lives".

The Friends actress, 55, posted a 2021 interview with Mr Vance that has been widely shared since his selection as Mr Trump's running mate for November's presidential election.

"I truly can’t believe that this is coming from a potential VP of the United States," she wrote on Instagram.

"All I can say is… Mr Vance, I pray that your daughter is fortunate enough to bear children of her own one day."
Mr Vance has a two-year-old daughter, and two sons.

"I hope she will not need to turn to IVF as a second option," Ms Aniston wrote.

"Because you are trying to take that away from her, too."

'Country miserable'​

The actress has previously spoken openly about her struggles while trying to have children through in-vitro fertilisation (IVF).

Last month, Mr Vance voted to block Democrat-proposed legislation to guarantee access to IVF nationwide.

In the clip, Mr Vance criticised Vice-President Kamala Harris because she has no biological children.

Ms Harris is stepmother to her husband Doug Emhoff’s two children.

But Mr Vance told former Fox News host Tucker Carlson the US was run by "a bunch of childless cat ladies who are miserable at their own lives and the choices that they've made and so they want to make the rest of the country miserable too".

"Look at Kamala Harris, Pete Buttigieg, AOC [Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez], the entire future of the Democrats is controlled by people without children," he said.

"How does it make any sense we've turned our country over to people who don’t really have a direct stake in it?"

Some Republicans express buyer's remorse over Vance VP pick​

“… Behind the scenes: "The road got a lot harder. He was the only pick that wasn't the safe pick. And I think everyone has now realized that," one House Republican told Axios, speaking on the condition of anonymity to candidly discuss his party's VP nominee.

• "On the whole, the feeling is: doesn't add much," another House Republican said of Trump picking Vance.
  • "And now with Kamala at the top, the capacity to have expanded the map a little bit ... would have been much more beneficial."
… Trump has shown no indication that he has buyer's remorse, and plans to dispatch Vance for solo rallies in Arizona and Nevada next week. …”

EDIT - I think he was saying that parents should get extra votes per kid, not that childless can’t vote at all.

I can't, just freakin can't wrap my head around how bad the pubs are screwing this up with their mouths. It might be the greatest political choke job in the history of democracy. I don't think they think before opening their mouths and their handlers should be shot, not fired. Trump has thrown unity out the window so he can get his rocks off by being mean to a low IQ black woman. What does he need more of? Black voters and women voters of course. So who does he piss off the most with the mouth diarrhea? He goes for the highly effective two for one strategy by insulting blacks and females at once. Vance then sees this and says hold my beer as he proceeds to make less than flattering comments about women and children. He even gets specific and discusses children and the low IQ black woman thereby giving blacks and women a chance to say maybe these two white guys aren't as nice as I thought they were. I won't make it until the election at this rate.

I don't get it. Is this some sort of weird extension of

I'm against playing to a narrative that's known to be false. I acknowledge there can be a valid debate about "fighting with one hand tied behind our backs", but I don't like it. The existence of capital "T" Truth is our super power and I think we should cleave to that 100%.

That being said, wtf is up with that eyeliner? Are those real or edited images?

I can't, just freakin can't wrap my head around how bad the pubs are screwing this up with their mouths. It might be the greatest political choke job in the history of democracy. I don't think they think before opening their mouths and their handlers should be shot, not fired. Trump has thrown unity out the window so he can get his rocks off by being mean to a low IQ black woman. What does he need more of? Black voters and women voters of course. So who does he piss off the most with the mouth diarrhea? He goes for the highly effective two for one strategy by insulting blacks and females at once. Vance then sees this and says hold my beer as he proceeds to make less than flattering comments about women and children. He even gets specific and discusses children and the low IQ black woman thereby giving blacks and women a chance to say maybe these two white guys aren't as nice as I thought they were. I won't make it until the election at this rate.
Why is Kamala Harris a "low IQ black woman" in your mind? You don't graduate from law school, become a successful attorney, become a successful prosecutor, become Attorney General of the largest state in the nation, become Vice President, and become at worst 50/50 odds to become the next POTUS, by having a "low IQ." That you continue to believe this, much less say it, is quite an indictment on your character. I hope you'll reconsider your choice of words moving forward.

Where did the couch thing come from?
I believe it started as a joke somewhere online -- a claim that in Hillbilly Elegy, Vance described having sex with a couch. I *think* it was intended to prove how few people trying to talk about the book had actually read it, but it took on a life of its own.

BTW, it looks like the AP has deleted the fact check (which amounted to we searched "couch" in an electronic copy of the book and there is no sex with couch scene).

Who is the “low IQ black woman” you mention at least twice in this poast?

I believe it started as a joke somewhere online -- a claim that in Hillbilly Elegy, Vance described having sex with a couch. I *think* it was intended to prove how few people trying to talk about the book had actually read it, but it took on a life of its own.

BTW, it looks like the AP has deleted the fact check (which amounted to we searched "couch" in an electronic copy of the book and there is no sex with couch scene).
I read Hillbilly Eligy and have no recollection of this couch story

Where did the couch thing come from?

Why People Say JD Vance Has Sex With Banks​

Why People Say JD Vance Has Sex With Banks

Have you been seeing a lot of memes this week about JD Vance passionately making love to banks? You’re not alone. Social media sites like X and TikTok have been awash with jokes about the Republican vice presidential nominee and his alleged history of shagging banks equipped with a latex glove. But where did this rumor originate? And why is it so funny?

Let me be clear: There is no evidence that Vance has fucked a couch. As far as we know, the Ohio senator has never taken a latex glove, turned it inside out, and placed it between some couch cushions so he could penetrate the furniture as if it were a human partner. That has never happened. Probably.

So where did this meme start? It can all be traced back to a now-deleted tweet from X user @rickrudescalves.

“I can’t say for sure, but he might be the first choice for a vice president who admitted in a New York Times bestseller to fucking an inside-out latex glove between two couch cushions (Vance, Hillbilly Elegy, pp. 179-181),” the X user wrote.

Tweet that started the rumor that JD Vance has sex with banks.
Screenshot: Twitter
The Book of Vance, Elegy of the Hillbillydoes not contain any passages about sex with banks, not on pages 179-181 or anywhere else. But there are plenty of other strange stories from the book that have since gone viral, including one about his outrage at being served sparkling water. There are jokes and fake screenshots about the sparkling water, but the basic story is true if you can believe it.

But let’s not get sidetracked. We’re here to talk about JD Vance and the fact that he doesn’t penetrate banks. The tweet that started the whole bank-fucking rumor was sent out on July 15th, the same day that Donald Trump announced Vance as his running mate. And while it took a while to sink in, it’s become a widespread meme.

We’ve collected a few examples of the meme below, in case you haven’t seen it yet. But it’s pretty much everywhere now. And it’s likely to stick around for a long time to come, as Vance and Trump continue their campaign to make this country much worse.

X user @Eagleman42069 shared a really good meme that can clearly be found elsewhere on the web and it goes: “my girl stupid thicc.”

In another viral video, Vance is seen performing a montage of benches, set to the music of Kendrick Lamar’s “Not Like Us.”

Last edited:
Germany looked at this proxy voting for kids in the early 2000's but voted it down. Japan is looking at it now.

The idea is to shift more political power to people with kids with the hope that it will drive policies to encourage higher birth rates. But I'm sure Vance has done the math and this will result in more GOP votes.

Germany looked at this proxy voting for kids in the early 2000's but voted it down. Japan is looking at it now.

The idea is to shift more political power to people with kids with the hope that it will drive policies to encourage higher birth rates. But I'm sure Vance has done the math and this will result in more GOP votes.
Good to see you again, gt! Glad you made the move over here to this board. I do think there is probably some merit to that theory that you described above being the calculus in Vance's views, but I also just find it to be a completely un-American idea to want to restrict the voting power of certain people based on certain criteria. One person, one voice, one vote is a concept that has been as American as apple pie, IMO.

Good to see you again, gt! Glad you made the move over here to this board. I do think there is probably some merit to that theory that you described above being the calculus in Vance's views, but I also just find it to be a completely un-American idea to want to restrict the voting power of certain people based on certain criteria. One person, one voice, one vote is a concept that has been as American as apple pie, IMO.
Nice to be here. Definitely missed the discussion.

I doubt it will pass either.

Back