JD Vance Catch-all | (Merged with newest JD Vance stand-alone thread)

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 799
  • Views: 17K
  • Politics 
Is Walz an experienced debater? Is he known to be a strong debater? I genuinely do not know.
Extrapolating from my long ago and undoubtedly out-dated experience in the US Army: Walz is a retired Command Sergeant Major. He has a wealth of experience dealing with fools who just assume they are always the smartest person in the room.

Is Walz an experienced debater? Is he known to be a strong debater? I genuinely do not know.
Walz has publicly come out saying he's not a good debater. That's probably just him being humble as we know he is a pretty quickwitted folksy kind of guy.

Vance is weird as hell, not to use the token phrase, but I think he will have a command of the subjects in the debate. It'll just be up to Walz to see if he can get Vance to say some stupid things. Because Vance has had some incredibly awkward social interactions to the point that I wonder if he's on the spectrum or something.

No clue whether Walz is a skilled debater.

The debates from the 2022 Minnesota gubernatorial election are on YouTube. Three debates in the 2022 election and three in 2018.

Walz comes across as more stilted in the part of one debate from 2022 that I’ve watched than he’s appeared on the campaign stump in 2024.

Bear in mind that Walz was running against a guy named Scott Jenson, an MD, who’d become enamored with Covid-19 conspiracy theories (see Ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine, anti-vaccine - particularly mandates and vaccines for young adults and children). Jenson even cited conspiracy theorist Dr. Peter McCullough in the part of the debate I watched.

This is disinformation at its finest.

Natural gas prices are at HISTORIC lows because we are producing so much of it. Some companies are shutting wells down because they can’t afford to produce it.

Natural gas prices in the United States have closed below zero 57 trading days this year. The United States is THE LARGEST producer of natural gas in the world. He has no clue the volume of Natural gas this country produces every day.

And people are lining up to lay with these stupid MFers.

Last edited:
I think Walz is likely to win the debate over Vance among the general public. He’ll certainly come across as more likeable and authentic.

The difference with the Trump debate will be that the loudest right wing voices will genuinely believe Vance kicked Walz to the curb. Ben Shapiro, for example, knows Trump got trounced. That’s why he’s been whining about the refs for the past three days. But I’m 100% certain he’ll think Vance destroyed Walz. Shapiro and his ilk LOVE them some JD Vance. They’re all straight out of the same “right wing, pseudo intellectual, women should stay in the kitchen and make me a sammich” lab.

Unfortunately, a lot of GOPers get their talking points from Shapiro & Co., so there will be a much closer split of opinion as to who won that debate. Fortunately, a VP debate rarely moves the dial much, and this one is not likely to be an exception.

No clue whether Walz is a skilled debater.

The debates from the 2022 Minnesota gubernatorial election are on YouTube. Three debates in the 2022 election and three in 2018.

Walz comes across as more stilted in the part of one debate from 2022 that I’ve watched than he’s appeared on the campaign stump in 2024.

Bear in mind that Walz was running against a guy named Scott Jenson, an MD, who’d become enamored with Covid-19 conspiracy theories (see Ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine, anti-vaccine - particularly mandates and vaccines for young adults and children). Jenson even cited conspiracy theorist Dr. Peter McCullough in the part of the debate I watched.
With all due respect, I think we can skip your POV on debate skill and proficiency, after Tuesday night's bizarre posts

This is disinformation at its finest.

Natural gas prices are at HISTORIC lows because we are producing so much of it. Some companies are shutting wells down because they can’t afford to produce it.

Natural gas prices in the United States have closed below zero 57 trading days this year. The United States is THE LARGEST producer of natural gas in the world. He has no clue the volume of National gas this country produces every day.

And people are lining up to lay with these stupid MFers.

I paid $2.55 a gallon for gas today.

Back