JD Vance Catch-all | “we have to destroy the universities in this country”

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 835
  • Views: 18K
  • Politics 

Finally, a politician who says what he actually believes. Let's see what America thinks of that sentiment. Somebody has to dig those ditches and apparently if Trump/Vance get elected, it won't be immigrants anymore.

JD Vance either has some serious mental issues or he is just following Trump's blueprint to appeal to the most uneducated ignorant among us that believe Fox News "reports" 100% truth. There are an alarming number of these people in our country.

I have argued in the past about certain topics that the far left does get away with on the college campus. but never anything as ridiculous as this.

An example of one of my stances. When I was a student at UNC, they decided to build a separate student union for blacks. The DTH ran an article and called it a "Black Cultural Zeppelin."

I can and have raised legitimate and reasonable points in holding that view. I thought the Student Union was a wonderful place.

Yes it was old and outdated and fairly small even back in the late 80s. But it opened my eyes to what true diversity could look like. I believe both the Young Republicans and Young Democrats had offices there. The CGLA (Carolina gay and lesbian association) I think it was called had an office there. There was a black student group there. I saw some wonderful frat and sorority step shows there for the first time ever.

I could be wrong, but I do not recall any issues or complaints about all the different groups. In the words of Charles Kuralt, "It is (was) what it was meant to be."

Then the black group pulled out and wanted their own separate student union. I thought it was dumb, defeated the purpose, and an example of leftist extremism gone too far.

These are the types of critiques that should be had about the liberal dominance on the college campus. Not the Vance nonsense. Unfortunately, these types of stupid liberal ideas give fire to the Vance types and his followers.

Ain't nobody digging ditches anymore. A guy on a backhoe replaced 20 of them.
True enough. But what is more cheaper: a) a backhoe with a trained operator or b) 20 illegals with shovels and without benefits?

The last time I was at my MIL/step-Fil’s house, the sFIL showed a long video to my family of Charlie Kirk explaining why universities are a scam.

Says the Yale Law grad

I think it's just possible that this left wing site may have taken Vance out of context in the hopes that people would get outraged and spread the article giving them more clicks and more advertising revenue. I'm not going to vote for Vance but he's not that bad.

The election cycle is making people who are normally very smart suspend their critical thinking skills.

Last edited:
True enough. But what is more cheaper: a) a backhoe with a trained operator or b) 20 illegals with shovels and without benefits?
I suspect, when you calculate all the risk values, including being sued if one gets injured or the ramifications of getting caught or any number of factors, the back hoe.

I think it's just possible that this left wing site may have taken Vance out of context in the hopes that people would get outraged and spread the article giving them more clicks and more advertising revenue. I'm not going to vote for Vance but he's not that bad.

The election cycle is making people nutty.
You've seen all the racist shit he's been saying the past 3 weeks haven't you? Or maybe you like that stuff and its not too bad I don't know.

No. Curtis Yarvin is a huge influence on Thiel and Vance, and he means exactly that.

The election cycle is making people who are normally very smart suspend their critical thinking skills.
You do you, but I don't think that this is a battle that you want to fight. Save your ammo.

Well, why don't you do a little research and find out if that is the case. Come back and share with us what you fund.

This is the same guy that says miserable childless female cat ladies should have no seat at the table and no say in the direction of our country.

He also knowingly concocted a fake story about migrants eating family pets in Springfield, OH. He did so knowing it was false after the local Pub mayor told him so. He has since admitted he knew it was false, but justifies it by saying it brought attention to the border issue. Meanwhile, hospitals and schools in Springfield have received bomb threats and had to be shut down.

You can recognize that "things" have gotten nutty, but Vance isn't that bad?

Interesting

Well, why don't you do a little research and find out if that is the case. Come back and share with us what you fund.

This is the same guy that says miserable childless female cat ladies should have no seat at the table and no say in the direction of our country.

He also knowingly concocted a fake story about migrants eating family pets in Springfield, OH. He did so knowing it was false after the local Pub mayor told him so. He has since admitted he knew it was false, but justifies it by saying it brought attention to the border issue. Meanwhile, hospitals and schools in Springfield have received bomb threats and had to be shut down.

You can recognize that "things" have gotten nutty, but Vance isn't that bad?

Interesting
Never doubt gt's ability to boside or downplay pub behavior, while concurrently sheltering himself with "but I don't plan to vote for him".

Did you read the article? It provided the context. There was a whole series of statements there, all of which built up to the conclusion.

The speech in question was titled "The universities are the enemy." That was the title. Early on, he quoted Nixon as saying, "the professors are the enemy." [edit: actually, that was the last line of his speech. So much for out of context]

Here, you can watch the whole thing, or you can look at the transcript on the side. Tell us what was out of context

It gets even worse. In that speech, starting at about 15:00, complained about Biden's economic policies and then said:

"the person who has implemented these policies is the first female treasury secretary in the history of the United States."

He blamed the woman, because she was a woman!

Back