MAGA Future

aGDevil2k

Iconic Member
At a certain point, people in a cult realize they were bamboozled.

At what point will most people in this current one realize they were fooled? Maybe they never admit it but a shift will happen.

Of course Agent Orange won't live that much longer given how old, feeble and elderly he is. But will that be the moment people are like "wait he did nothing for me after all?"

I took the dog out for a walk a little while ago and the helicopters were hovering and circling around the Bojangle’s Arena (MAGA capital for a day.)

I'm not sure social science bears that out. I'm aware of a study that show when people realize their beliefs are wrong, they don't give up the beliefs, as you'd expect, but instead they try to win converts.

I guess I question if they continue with a new leader. Desantis made me think maybe not

I think about this every once in a while.

If Trump wins the election, I honestly have no read on what the future will hold in this country. Like many, I fear the worst.

If Trump doesn't win, I think there is a sizable chance that he will try to run again in 2028. Unless he is in a prison cell or dead, I put the chance at basically a coin flip. That would continue the MAGA movement for at least that long.

If Trump loses and they somehow managed to reject him finally, I think you would see Nikki Haley or Ron DeSantis throwing them a couple bones to get them on board. The movement is too big to ignore and it won't just fizzle out overnight.

Folks forget about Jim and Tammy Faye Baker and the PTL Club? Hell they were building condos and a amusement park and all kinds of crap down there in Charlotte. If I remember right folks had PTL signs like those "thank you Jesus" ones you see everywhere now. Try and get one of the former PTL club members to admit they were ever a member nobody does. It's like all the folks that never voted for Jesse Helms but he'd always win by a landslide. To be honest I look forward to the day that the MAGA crowd crawls back under their rocks.

I guess I question if they continue with a new leader. Desantis made me think maybe not

My feeling is that Trump has so much money and unique charisma that he's not going to be replaced. When he dies, there will be a whole bunch of people tearing each other apart to take his place, but all they'll end up doing is tearing each other apart. It's just hard for me to imagine duplicating the astral conjunction that produced this uniquely charismatic, narcissistic buffoon.

That's my guess. I guess we'll find out whenever he dies.

Folks forget about Jim and Tammy Faye Baker and the PTL Club? Hell they were building condos and a amusement park and all kinds of crap down there in Charlotte. If I remember right folks had PTL signs like those "thank you Jesus" ones you see everywhere now. Try and get one of the former PTL club members to admit they were ever a member nobody does. It's like all the folks that never voted for Jesse Helms but he'd always win by a landslide. To be honest I look forward to the day that the MAGA crowd crawls back under their rocks.
I had a Great Aunt & Uncle whom I adored who lived in Macon, Georgia and visited my grandparents every summer. My Great Uncle had served under Eisenhower in Europe during WW2 and I loved listening to his war stories as a kid. They were both very conservative religiously and my Great Aunt in particular loved watching the Bakkers and that ridiculous PTL Club of theirs. They even donated money pretty frequently to them.

When it all came crashing down (in 1987, I think) I remember listening to my Great Aunt defend the Bakkers to my Grandmother, who although a Southern Baptist, had never cared for the Bakkers and thought there was something shady about them from the beginning. And indeed there was - sex scandals, embezzlement of donations and church funds for personal use, using church donations to put in air conditioned doghouses, and so on. And my Great Aunt defended the Bakkers until her death a few years later. Whether it was due to blind faith and trust, or as my Grandmother thought, stubborn pride and my Great Aunt's refusal to admit that she'd been scammed - I always felt sorry for my Great Aunt in her last years. Televangelist/Religious scammers and con artists are the worst, imo.

My feeling is that Trump has so much money and unique charisma that he's not going to be replaced. When he dies, there will be a whole bunch of people tearing each other apart to take his place, but all they'll end up doing is tearing each other apart. It's just hard for me to imagine duplicating the astral conjunction that produced this uniquely charismatic, narcissistic buffoon.

That's my guess. I guess we'll find out whenever he dies.
It's still surreal to me that it almost happened just 12 days ago.

MAGA put the spotlight on the ugly side of America. When Republicans argue that racism no longer exists, we just point to MAGA. When they argue that nobody wants to take away your rights, we point to MAGA.

It's also empowered the electorate to address these systemic problems.

November 2024 will be a referendum on where this country is headed. I hope people respond accordingly.

At what point will most people in this current one realize they were fooled? Maybe they never admit it but a shift will happen.

Of course Agent Orange won't live that much longer given how old, feeble and elderly he is. But will that be the moment people are like "wait he did nothing for me after all?"
COVID proved that people will literally die before they admit they were bamboozled. I don't have high hopes.

For NC politics...the gerrymandering has locked these guys in for a long time. I can hope the next Speaker is from an urban area................

Folks forget about Jim and Tammy Faye Baker and the PTL Club? Hell they were building condos and an amusement park and all kinds of crap down there in Charlotte. If I remember right folks had PTL signs like those "thank you Jesus" ones you see everywhere now. Try and get one of the former PTL club members to admit they were ever a member nobody does. It's like all the folks that never voted for Jesse Helms but he'd always win by a landslide. To be honest I look forward to the day that the MAGA crowd crawls back under their rocks.
The most Jesse ever won by was in 1978 against John Ingram. 54.5% to 45.5%. His other 4 elections were within about 5% points.

If Trump wins the election, I honestly have no read on what the future will hold in this country. Like many, I fear the worst.

If Trump doesn't win, I think there is a sizable chance that he will try to run again in 2028. Unless he is in a prison cell or dead, I put the chance at basically a coin flip. That would continue the MAGA movement for at least that long.

If Trump loses and they somehow managed to reject him finally, I think you would see Nikki Haley or Ron DeSantis throwing them a couple bones to get them on board. The movement is too big to ignore and it won't just fizzle out overnight.
If Trump wins in November, all bets are off. I’m not sure what a 2028 election looks like, but I’m convinced if Trump gets back into the WH, he won’t leave office again while he’s alive.

If he loses, 2028 will be very interesting on the Pub side. Have to think they’d prefer someone like Haley or Youngkin…don’t think DeSantis has “it”. But how much of the MAGA base would get fired up over those options? That’s the thing about a cult…it’s hard to identify an heir apparent because the leader sucks up all the attention/discussion.

It won't fizzle out overnight, but it will fizzle out in a 1-2 year span sometime in the unknown future. Go back and watch the early 2016 R primary debates when Jeb was the anointed frontrunner and Trump was the unwashed insurgent. Trump was booed like a pro wrestling heel by his own party, and a year later he was president.

We don't know when the fever will break, or what the catalyst will be, or how that will correspond with Trump's (hopefully natural) demise. But when it happens, maga will fade as abruptly as it started.

CULT ( Conservatives Unconditionally Loving Trump )

CULT = Conservatives Unconditionally Loving Trump

This.

Unless something drastically changes with Trumpism, and for every time he doesn't win and there are hopefully no Jan 6 sequels, they will run him every four years until he's in the ground. Hell, they will legit Weekend At Bernie's him if they think it will work.

Last edited:
Back