Mark Robinson thread | Report - Pressure on Robinson to drop out?

HeWhoWearsCarolinaBlue

Didn’t see one posted yet so I figure I would start one with this fun little nugget. I’m wondering if the. NCGOP won’t find a way to get him to drop out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't mean to hijack but is it accurate that if Roy Cooper were to become VP that this guy would become governor?

People have indicated that if Cooper is nominated as the VP candidate and leaves the state to campaign, then Robinson becomes acting gov while Cooper is out of state. There's no telling what shenanigans he could pull.
I don't know the details or truthfulness of these statements.

People have indicated that if Cooper is nominated as the VP candidate and leaves the state to campaign, then Robinson becomes acting gov while Cooper is out of state. There's no telling what shenanigans he could pull.
Any executive order could be undone by cooper immediately on return

It is a quirk in our law But to date Coop has been out State a lot

My theory is the Trump campaign’s internal polling shows Robinson is a loser in NC so Trump doesn’t want Robinson having a bunch of joint appearances and photo ops with him. Robinson will just use those for his campaign and Trump is concerned that will hurt him in NC. He doesn’t want to be pulled down in a swing state by appearing too close to a crazy man who’s going to lose big.

I’m starting to wonder if the NCGQP won’t try to force Robinson out of the race. If Trump is going to pretend Robinson no longer exists then he’s got no chance to beat Stein. Especially with potential legal issues hanging over his head. Defrauding hungry children is a bridge too far even for most MAGAts.

I’m starting to wonder if the NCGQP won’t try to force Robinson out of the race. If Trump is going to pretend Robinson no longer exists then he’s got no chance to beat Stein. Especially with potential legal issues hanging over his head. Defrauding hungry children is a bridge too far even for most MAGAts.
he can blame it on his wife............

My theory is the Trump campaign’s internal polling shows Robinson is a loser in NC so Trump doesn’t want Robinson having a bunch of joint appearances and photo ops with him. Robinson will just use those for his campaign and Trump is concerned that will hurt him in NC. He doesn’t want to be pulled down in a swing state by appearing too close to a crazy man who’s going to lose big.
I hope you are right

Back