Pro Rasslin

Can you explain to me why, at this late hour, you are still a fan? I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm just curious. And, I will go ahead and put my biases on the table: I have never ever willingly watched a pro rasslin event and I have thought it was stupid since I was a little kid.

BUT, let me try to put that aside for now. Part of the issue for me was last century that it was always presented by its fans as a sport, as if it was real (whether they believed that or not). Nowadays, wrestling has decided that it's OK to be fake in public. It's OK for the various characters to be sort of winking at the camera as they flex and strut. It's OK that we understand the wrestlers-turned-actors didn't actually change careers. I'm on board with all of that.

So my question is: why isn't wrestling hopeless stale? You've been on these boards as long as I have (though I've probably had more user names). That makes you an adult now, and though maybe not a senior citizen, you're at least middle-aged. You've been following wrestling for three decades, I'm guessing. Isn't it boring by now? As much as they try to make it unpredictable, there's just no way to do that after all this time. I mean, punk bands are lucky if they can remain punk for more than three albums. Metal bands, for the most part, get five. It's really hard to stay fresh.

So is following wrestling in 2024 the same thing as going to a Metallica concert in 2024? And if your answer is "yep, and I like it," that's fine. I'm just trying to understand why. And if you do go to Metallica concerts, maybe you can explain that to me as well. It is similarly mystifying.
I don't care for wrestling, never have.
But, it's entertainment.
And entertainment is very subjective.
I tell my kids if everyone agreed with everything I like, Country music would not exist, and the world would probably not be as fascinating as it is. :cool:

I’m more interested on why the OP needs three (at least) usernames when we all know it’s the same person.
Also, who was superiffic on IC before superiffic? I don’t recall anyone else like him.

I’m more interested on why the OP needs three (at least) usernames when we all know it’s the same person.
Also, who was superiffic on IC before superiffic? I don’t recall anyone else like him.
Wrestlers change gimmicks all the time.

Feel like Raw is getting repetitive with the Judgement Day vs Priest and Ripley, Punk and McIntyre, and the Wyatt Sicks vs Gable and his group. Also, don't really care about any of the women who are fighting for the women's tag titles.

Back