Science Lounge

• Thread starter Thread starter dcf2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 24
  • Views: 471
  • Off-Topic 
In what might be a bit of nightmare fuel. Scientists at Stanford have made skin transparent enabling the direct optical study of internal organs in live mice.

We report on the counterintuitive observation that strongly absorbing molecules can achieve optical transparency in live biological tissues. Specifically, we found that an aqueous solution of a common food color approved by the US Food and Drug Administration, tartrazine, has the effect of reversibly making the skin, muscle, and connective tissues transparent in live rodents.

Instead of worrying about drinking Mountain Dew when I was younger causing my penis to get smaller, I should've been worrying about my body becoming translucent.

So is my experience reading this thread kind of like the experience of a research scientist reading about the procedural challenges to Trump’s classified documents case?

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

In what might be a bit of nightmare fuel. Scientists at Stanford have made skin transparent enabling the direct optical study of internal organs in live mice.

We report on the counterintuitive observation that strongly absorbing molecules can achieve optical transparency in live biological tissues. Specifically, we found that an aqueous solution of a common food color approved by the US Food and Drug Administration, tartrazine, has the effect of reversibly making the skin, muscle, and connective tissues transparent in live rodents.
That’s a nifty trick. How long before I can get a VAST imaging system for pregnant dams?

Scott Manley's examination of new video regarding the Titan sub implosion.
{{ I highly recommend his YT channel, generally }}

Back