Second Failed Assassination Attempt on Trump

nycfan

Curator/Moderator
ZZL Supporter
Discussion started in catch-all while it wasn’t clear whether Trump was the target or ever in danger.

Asking with sincerity: is it actually an “assassination attempt” if no shots were actually fired at the former president by a would-be assassin?

The first occurrence in July was absolutely an assassination attempt, obviously. This one, though? Sounds like the Secret Service found a guy hiding in the bushes with a gun and a scope. In other words, a Sunday in the free state of Florida.

“…
  • The FBI said Sunday it “is investigating what appears to be an attempted assassination” of Donald Trump. The former president is safe after shots were fired at Trump International Golf Club on Sunday.
  • A Secret Service agent spotted a rifle barrelsticking out of fence and “engaged” with the suspect, Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said at a news conference late Sunday afternoon. The gunman was 300 to 500 yards away from Trump, a Secret Service official said.
  • A local sheriff’s office said a man taken into custody was “relatively calm” when detained. The suspect has not been named.
  • President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris are both “relieved to know” that Trump is safe and have been briefed on the situation, according to the White House. …”

Asking with sincerity: is it actually an “assassination attempt” if no shots were actually fired at the former president by a would-be assassin?

The first occurrence in July was absolutely an assassination attempt, obviously. This one, though? Sounds like the Secret Service found a guy hiding in the bushes with a gun and a scope. In other words, a Sunday in the free state of Florida.
I said the same thing. This was more of a concept of an assassination attempt.

Changed it to “Apparent” attempt for now.

Maybe it would be a good idea to ban both AK-47s as well as Trump's "supreme" AK47s? Maybe even the "Temptations" AK-47S too!

Last edited:
Were the side doors of the golf course locked?

Should we maybe arm the caddies and the cart boys?

Should we retrofit golf courses to have metal detectors and only one entrance and exit?

Should we consider stationing the National Guard at entrances to the golf course?

This was probably a mentally ill lone wolf. And gun control laws wouldn’t work anyway!

Have we considered that rap music and video games are too violent?

Thoughts and prayers!

Further proof of the epidemic of mental illness in this country. Civilian access to weapons of war is just a right of all Americans. Keeping these weapons out of the hands of the mentally ill is impossible to we have to harden the targets and pray harder.

I’m sorry, I hope this isn’t out of bounds here, AND IM GLAD NO ONE WAS HARMED OR HURT, BUT…

Trump knows that his chances are dwindling with every terrible decision he makes daily. He knows that the closest he came to victory was in the days following his assassination attempt. I simply can’t deny that the first thing that went through my head was that he set this up in order to try to regain that sympathy.

So a guy with a gun was *5* football fields away from Trump? Well, golly, I just hope he can go on and live live a normal life.

The completely unrelated idiot on idiot violence somewhat near Mar-a-Lago was completely random and had nothing to do with Trump. Of course team Trump jumped on it for political gain.

A guy with a scope hiding out in bushes 500 yards from the club sounds much more related. Not sure what you call it at this point, but does not sound unrelated to Trump.

So a guy with a gun was *5* football fields away from Trump? Well, golly, I just hope he can go on and live live a normal life.
ak47 range is 350m. Maybe a little more with an expert user? I am guessing he would have had to do a dash over open ground to get within range.

Back