So tell me about Joe Rogan

I understand the comparison, but even as annoying as Maher has become he is not nearly the wack job that Joe Rogan is.
I think the "wack-job" characteristic of Joe, vis a vis Maher, has more to do with baseline intelligence. Now, I think Rogan sometimes plays up his ignorance and gullibility, but I'd guess it's within the sizable delta between Rogan and Maher's intellectual capacities that the "wack-job", as you say, lives. Rogan doesn't strike me as some unstable, intentionally malicious actor, rather more a fool with a huge platform who is easily led around by his nose. In my construct for "wack-job", Maher much more fits the bill.

Everything you need to know about Joe Rogan can be summed up in a clip from his show earlier this year. Rogan stated that he saw a clip of Joe Biden arguing that the reason that we won the revolutionary war was because the British didn’t seize our airports. Rogan said “anyone that would say something like this has no business being president”. Rogan was immediately fact checked by someone else on the show, who found the sound bite in question. Turns out that Biden was quoting Trump and making fun of Trump’s belief that the British only lost because they didn’t seize our nonexistent 18th century airports. When confronted with this, Rogan simply said “oh, well people misspeak sometimes, it really is no big deal that Trump said that”.

Everything you need to know about Joe Rogan can be summed up in a clip from his show earlier this year. Rogan stated that he saw a clip of Joe Biden arguing that the reason that we won the revolutionary war was because the British didn’t seize our airports. Rogan said “anyone that would say something like this has no business being president”. Rogan was immediately fact checked by someone else on the show, who found the sound bite in question. Turns out that Biden was quoting Trump and making fun of Trump’s belief that the British only lost because they didn’t seize our nonexistent 18th century airports. When confronted with this, Rogan simply said “oh, well people misspeak sometimes, it really is no big deal that Trump said that”.
This is the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. Rogan gave the entire game away in that moment.

I don’t like Rogans presentation so I don’t listen his pods much.

I find it interesting that Dan Carlin and Liv Fridman like Rogan. I like both those guys a lot.

He seems like someone with a lot of non mainstream views. We could use more of those.

To be fair he has been proven right on his opinions on COVID policy. One thing the left is terrible at is labeling something they disagree with as a conspiracy theory.

Yea, well when a lot of people on the right are using the word "plandemic" with a straight face, it's like ol Mr Conspiracy Theory waving hus junk in your face

Losing Iron Man broke that dude. If you're working on something and want an entertaining listen, I'd highly recommend this:

That is some crazy stuff. I wonder what would cause someone to get to that point. Wonder if the narcissism and God complex was always there.

Losing Iron Man broke that dude. If you're working on something and want an entertaining listen, I'd highly recommend this:

This is one place I completely agree with y'all. He is absolutely insane! I watched his video on multiplication and I can tell you as a math teacher, HE IS INSANE!!!

Rogan is an asshole. He’s been telling us he’s an asshole his whole career. His character on News Radio was… you guessed it… an asshole. His standup comedy was about him being an asshole.

He platforms terrible people to his gigantic audience and tries to legitimize then.

If you think of him as a more athletic Elon Musk you won’t go far wrong.

If I could compartmentalize, I would tell you he’s a deeply knowledgeable and talented MMA announcer, but I can’t, so I won’t.

Rogan is an asshole. He’s been telling us he’s an asshole his whole career. His character on News Radio was… you guessed it… an asshole. His standup comedy was about him being an asshole.

He platforms terrible people to his gigantic audience and tries to legitimize then.

If you think of him as a more athletic Elon Musk, you won’t go far wrong.

If I could compartmentalize, I would tell you he’s a deeply knowledgeable and talented MMA announcer, but I can’t, so I won’t.
This. He's a good businessman for his field of work - I think his net worth is somewhere north of $200 million. Not bad for adapting the News Corp model of "give the people what they want." I doubt he actually believes some or most of what he says.

This. He's a good businessman for his field of work - I think his net worth is somewhere north of $200 million. Not bad for adapting the News Corp model of "give the people what they want." I doubt he actually believes some or most of what he says.
Don't "This." me and then go on to say a bunch of crap I never said or endorsed.

To be clear... Joe Rogan is a terrible human being.

To be clear the comparison to Musk was not a compliment. Elon Musk is also a terrible human being.

To be clear, Donald Trump does not actually believe most of what he says. This is not an admirable trait. It is the trait of "Bullshitting" and it is the bane of our modern existence.

Nothing in my post about Rogan was meant as a compliment other than his obvious MMA knowledge which only serves to highlight what a horrible human being the other 99% of him is.

Don't "This." me and then go on to say a bunch of crap I never said or endorsed.

To be clear... Joe Rogan is a terrible human being.

To be clear the comparison to Musk was not a compliment. Elon Musk is also a terrible human being.

Carry on.
Excuse me? I agree 100% with what you wrote about him. And I feel the same about Musk - awful people. My comment was reflective of his ability to con people out of their money by mimicking Fox news' "say what the audience wants to hear" model, irrespective of what he actually believes.

If that came across the wrong way, I do apologize. Just not sure how you got there from what I wrote.

Excuse me? I agree 100% with what you wrote about him. And I feel the same about Musk - awful people. My comment was reflective of his ability to con people out of their money by mimicking Fox news' "say what the audience wants to hear" model, irrespective of what he actually believes.

If that came across the wrong way, I do apologize. Just not sure how you got there from what I wrote.
Don't apologize. My bad. The way I first read your post I thought it sounded like the the Rogan bro "oh, he's just shooting the shit and asking harmless questions" line of defense that I'm allergic to. I reread it and now see that's not what you were saying. Sorry to accuse unjustly.

I understand the comparison, but even as annoying as Maher has become he is not nearly the wack job that Joe Rogan is.
Yeah they're unlikeable/problematic in different ways. Maher is way smarter than Rogan and would scoff at all the conspiracy theory BS that Rogan credulously gobbles up on his show. But Maher is way more of a smug prick who thinks he's right about everything, even stuff he clearly hasn't thought much about.

Back