So tell me about Joe Rogan

Don't apologize. My bad. The way I first read your post I thought it sounded like the the Rogan bro "oh, he's just shooting the shit and asking harmless questions" line of defense that I'm allergic to. I reread it and now see that's not what you were saying. Sorry to accuse unjustly.
All good, my friend - forget about it 🎉 I'm not the greatest (message board) writer in the world either, so there's that too :)

I keep hearing about this guy but as a 66 year old white male die hard North Carolina fan & Lumber River Scot and all the rest of it I have no idea about Joe Rogan? Is it another grift on the idiots down here? They seem to love some kind of Yankee con man ripping them off? So who the hell is Joe Rogan and is his rap relevant let me know.
His podcast is pretty good. He has some really, really good guests and discusses relevant and interesting topics. He might have a bit of "conspiracy theorist" in him, but I think his biggest mistake, given his audience size, is having guests who spread dangerous conspiracy theories.

It's one thing to explore all sides of a topic and to "ask questions", but there are wrong ways to do that.

Last edited:
Yeah they're unlikeable/problematic in different ways. Maher is way smarter than Rogan and would scoff at all the conspiracy theory BS that Rogan credulously gobbles up on his show. But Maher is way more of a smug prick who thinks he's right about everything, even stuff he clearly hasn't thought much about.
In addition to other annoying things about Bill, he does have a touch of conspiracy theory when it comes to “healthy living”. He buys all sorts of health food nonsense and skews anti-vax. That stuff is right up Rogan’s alley.

Back