soccer/fútbol/football/calcio/fußball

4thgenheel

Exceptional Member
I didn't see a thread and with the EPL getting cranked up today it is high time that we have one.

COYG.

I almost started this thread a day or two ago when the Poch news broke. I think it's a major coup for the USMNT on paper, and the biggest name we could have reasonably gotten. I do wonder how much motivation Poch will have, and whether he can handle the very different job of managing a national team where you only get the players for a few isolated periods each year. But honestly, it's hard to be anything but excited about the hire; it's a dice roll but any other coach would be too, and it's definitely great to have a recognizable international name as our manager heading into probably the most important international tournament in USMNT history. It won't be an easy job; the USMNT talent pool doesn't look as rosy as it did 2-3 years ago with many of our best talents dealing with injuries and drops in form, and we probably have to make the quarterfinals to consider it a success. But the preferential seeding treatment as a host nation will definitely help for the group stage.

I am prepared for the utter train wreck that this season is going to be. My prediction? 8th. #comeonchelsea

Dude…you need to make better life choices.

I can't be labeled as a front runner that's for sure.

Panthers... Giants before they existed so there was some success
Duke (I started as a football fan as a kid way before going there)
Nationals (Expos before that)
Hurricanes
Charlotte FC
Tottenham

I love preseason.... Always nice before my hopes are crushed

I started watching the EPL last season. I don't have a team, just enjoy watching certain players. I wanted to like City because of the Carolina blue jerseys and Haaland (I'm of Scandanavian heritage) but the more I learned about that club...

Also I'm so excited for Poch to lead the USMNT

Bravo to the guys for sucking in Copa to get GGG out

Back