Stock Market/Investing/Fin Planning Catch-All

• Thread starter Thread starter heelslegup
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 202
  • Views: 5K
  • Off-Topic 
I also owned CP&L and dook since the 80's, plus had some Piedmont Natural Gas that got rolled into that also. Along with CSX's DRIP, reinvesting dividends has created my two biggest positions. You can make money with boring, little old lady stocks...
That has been my strategy, as well.

I have held a dozen "widow and orphan" stocks for over 40 years. They provide a hefty dividend base. The dividends supplemented with SS and state retirement benefits allow me to live comfortably and well below my means.

If all goes well, my heirs will inherit my untouched Roth and roll-over IRAs ( excepting RMDs ) when I enter the non-existence stage of life

Trying to get ahead of the curve on this story...

Kamala's support for a tax on unrealized capital gains will only impact the 1%ers so if your net worth is less than 14 million you don't have to worry;)

Trying to get ahead of the curve on this story...

Kamala's support for a tax on unrealized capital gains will only impact the 1%ers so if your net worth is less than 14 million you don't have to worry;)

<ignorant maga types> No no no, she's raising taxes. It's the end of the world as we know it.</ ignorant maga types>

• JPMorgan today raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $155 up from $115 while maintaining its Overweight rating
  • Bank of America raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $165 up from $150 while maintaining its Buy rating
  • Morgan Stanley raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $150 up from $144 while maintaining its Overweight rating
  • Wells Fargo raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $165 up from $155 while maintaining its Overweight rating
  • Truist raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $148 up from $145 while maintaining its Buy rating
  • Baird raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $150 up from $120 while maintaining its Outperform rating
  • Needham raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $145 up from $120 while maintaining its Buy rating
  • Raymond James raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $140 up from $120 while maintaining its Strong Buy rating
  • Mizuho raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $140 up from $132 while maintaining its Outperform rating

• JPMorgan today raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $155 up from $115 while maintaining its Overweight rating
  • Bank of America raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $165 up from $150 while maintaining its Buy rating
  • Morgan Stanley raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $150 up from $144 while maintaining its Overweight rating
  • Wells Fargo raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $165 up from $155 while maintaining its Overweight rating
  • Truist raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $148 up from $145 while maintaining its Buy rating
  • Baird raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $150 up from $120 while maintaining its Outperform rating
  • Needham raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $145 up from $120 while maintaining its Buy rating
  • Raymond James raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $140 up from $120 while maintaining its Strong Buy rating
  • Mizuho raised its price target on Nvidia $NVDA to $140 up from $132 while maintaining its Outperform rating

Those guys all bought at at 110 after that last dip :-)

I am just trying to recover my entire life being destroyed by the #KamalaCrash from early August. Just devastating - the Great Recession was nothing compared to it.
Sorry to hear. I have recouped that loss and now back to previous all-time high levels in portfolio. I think there's still plenty of upward movement to be made, particular in small and midcaps once interest rate cuts begin.

Another trend I've benefitted from in a couple of my stock holdings is company break-ups like United Technologies into RTX, OTIS, and Carrier; and GE into GE Aviation, GE Vernova, GE Healthcare. Starting to look like Intel may be next on the chopping block.

DJT today (the stock, not the idiot) dropped 7+% to close at 18.08. No wonder Trump thinks the stock market is crashing. He’s just looking at this stock. What a cryin shame.

• Vice President Kamala Harris proposed a 28% tax on long-term capital gains for any household with an annual income of $1 million or more, lower than the 39.6% rate that President Joe Biden laid out in his 2025 fiscal year budget.
  • Harris has been presenting more economic plans specifically targeted at helping businesses, especially ahead of the Sept. 10 debate against Donald Trump, hosted by ABC News.
  • Harris also announced a proposal to provide small businesses a $50,000 tax deduction for startup expenses.

Back