Stock Market/Investing/Fin Planning Catch-All

• Thread starter Thread starter heelslegup
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 204
  • Views: 5K
  • Off-Topic 
I believe this outcome will become a model for how future admns handle this situation, No recession despite
1) Fed raising interest rates 10 times to reduce inflation caused primarily by pandemic supply chain chaos completely disrupting commerce and supply. The Trump tax cut also increases inflation since it annually gives tons of money to wealthy people who then spend it and drive up housing prices and reduce availability of affodable housing
2) dramatically reducing QE and monetary stimulus put in place during the pandemic and earlier.

Normally, that is a sure fire recipe for a recession. But through fiscal stimulus like the infrastructure projects, CHIPS Act, child tax credits etc, this balanced out the monetary supply and kept things from collapsing into a tough recession.
Good job by Biden economic team and the independent Federal Reserve

Big tax cuts by the pubs. Followed by huge spending by the dems. Color me shocked that the economy is stimulated.
Absolutely nothing wrong with government spending when done right.
Also, why are you leaving out the trump spending, remember he was so proud that he signed the checks.

"Although Woods is cautious about Nvidia's momentum ahead of its second-quarter results, he still considers the stock one of the best long-term picks.

“My best idea is just buy Nvidia and put it away and don’t look at it.”

Woods recalled his father buying shares of Nvidia after hearing him talk about it on TV in 2019. His father put the stock away and forgot about it, before asking Woods what a 10-for-1 stock split meant for his stake. Woods said the investment went from $3,000 to over $100,000.

The example could perfectly illustrate Benzinga’s “if you invested $1,000” story series on how a smal

Earnings Calendar Aug 26-30

Nvidia (NVDA) will disclose its second-quarter earnings results after Wednesday's close. The release of the chipmaker's quarterly results has become a marquee event on the earnings calendar and for good reason. Indeed, the company's jaw-dropping quarterly results in May 2023 – where the chipmaker forecast quarterly revenue 50% above what Wall Street analysts were calling for at the time – lit a fire under investors' appetites for all things artificial intelligence (AI).

This time around, analysts expect NVDA to report earnings of 57 cents per share. Note that this is considerably lower than its Q1 results due to the 10-for-1 stock split the company enacted in June. The Street's forecast compares to the company's year-ago, post-split earnings of 25 cents per share. Revenue is expected to land at $25.6 billion, nearly double the $13.5 billion it reported in the year-ago period.

While Stifel analyst Ruben Roy (Buy) is aware that there are concerns about near-term production targets for NVDA's Blackwell chips, he sees any potential delays to be in months vs quarters. He also says that recent checks indicate healthy demand.

"Consequently, we are again expecting a beat/raise scenario for July results and October guidance," Roy says. "We are not expecting any meaningful change in tone or messaging relative to what NVDA has focused on since the company reported its fiscal first-quarter results, i.e. the company's longer-term road map and continued investment in organic and collaborative software offerings."

Tuesday Aug 27
Before
HAIN Hain Celestial

After
AMBA Ambarella
BOX Box
Nordstrom JWN

Wednesday
Before
ANF Abercrombie and Fitch
BBWI Bath and Body Works
FL Foot Locker
SJM JM Smucker
KSS Kohl's
LI Li Auto

After
CRM Salesforce
CRWD Crowdstrike
DSGX Descares
FIVE Five Below
HPQ HP
NVDA Nvidia
OKTA OKTA
VEEV Veeva Systems

Thursday
Before
BBY Best Buy
DG Dollar General
OLLI Ollie's Bargain Outlet
After
LULU Lululemon
MRVL Marvell Tech
MDB MonggDB
ULTA Ulta Beauty

I also owned CP&L and dook since the 80's, plus had some Piedmont Natural Gas that got rolled into that also. Along with CSX's DRIP, reinvesting dividends has created my two biggest positions. You can make money with boring, little old lady stocks...

Back