The Dearly Departed Board

• Thread starter Thread starter UNCMSinLS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 122
  • Views: 3K
  • Off-Topic 
In the long, hallowed history of IC, seeing the ZZL and its sibling the ZZLP relegated to the archives is ... strange. Granted this feels like they finally covered the grave, but the death was pronounced years ago when the split occurred.

I'd like to pour one out for our long, lost homie:

fat-guy-shooting.gif

In the long, hallowed history of IC, seeing the ZZL and its sibling the ZZLP relegated to the archives is ... strange. Granted this feels like they finally covered the grave, but the death was pronounced years ago when the split occurred.

fat-guy-shooting.gif
Wait, the ZZL is gone too?

Wait, the ZZL is gone too?
Hopefully lol🤞 I doubt that the regular Ziz community will be able to refrain from making political talk, no matter how veiled, even though they are supposedly constrained from doing so. I'm firmly in the camp of the board should never have been split to begin with and it was a terrible idea.

At least now, here, the community is under a different umbrella and "trolls" (whatever that term may mean to you) will be dealt with differently. We'll no doubt see plenty come here, but I doubt many will remain long-term. The funding for the board is now voluntary and many are willing to give. This removes the leverage of threatening to cancel a membership or to complain (with some measure of recourse) to whomever about the board content or moderation.

IMO, the Ziz-P being shut down was both inevitable and a blessing in disguise. Sure, I could be wrong, but I think we'll all come to see that as time progresses.

Might as well just make this the new independent ZZL board and allow all topics to be discussed, including politics, sports and anything else. Seems the traffic is already more than at Heel Talk, too.
The worry is getting too big too fast. That's just my opinion of course. My thinking mainly applies to talking about Carolina basketball and football.

fat-guy-shooting.gif
he's over on HT

The worry is getting too big too fast. That's just my opinion of course. My thinking mainly applies to talking about Carolina basketball and football.
Could just have one thread each for the sports. That way it won't be like the ones at IC with 100 threads talking about the same thing.

Hopefully lol🤞 I doubt that the regular Ziz community will be able to refrain from making political talk, no matter how veiled, even though they are supposedly constrained from doing so. I'm firmly in the camp of the board should never have been split to begin with and it was a terrible idea.

At least now, here, the community is under a different umbrella and "trolls" (whatever that term may mean to you) will be dealt with differently. We'll no doubt see plenty come here, but I doubt many will remain long-term. The funding for the board is now voluntary and many are willing to give. This removes the leverage of threatening to cancel a membership or to complain (with some measure of recourse) to whomever about the board content or moderation.

IMO, the Ziz-P being shut down was both inevitable and a blessing in disguise. Sure, I could be wrong, but I think we'll all come to see that as time progresses.
Where is the donate button. I’m not locating it

Well, I can't post on any of the boards over there because some mod on the basketball board banned me from the whole site and I have no idea why. Tried to get other mods and even Ben to help out but never heard anything back. Then all my aliases were banned after I was banned from the politics board after the Trump shooting.

The ZZL had (or has) a thread up discussing the demise of the ZZLP.
The main points being made are 1) people who frequented the ZZL-P are a bunch of snowflakes, 2) they are mean to republicans!

The ZZL had (or has) a thread up discussing the demise of the ZZLP.
The main points being made are 1) people who frequented the ZZL-P are a bunch of snowflakes, 2) they are mean to republicans!
I've never seen a forum that banned people as much as ZZLP.

Back