The Dearly Departed Board

• Thread starter Thread starter UNCMSinLS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 122
  • Views: 3K
  • Off-Topic 
Ok, I knew you were also StoneColdHeel. But I'm actually surprised by TurdFerguson, is that a wrestler?

I've never had an alias. Once there was an issue with my account and I created UNCatTech2, I believe I made two post asking Ben about the board. Once it was figured out I never used it again.
Turd Ferguson is a SNL character

Why would anyone need so many aliases aside from being banned? Is that a problem with self-control or are we questioning the integrity of the moderation team?

Obviously I'm not well-followed with the inner-political strife of certain personalities on the zzl/zzlp.

I wish I knew how to search the old board for past posts, our recent revival of the Four Seasons Total Landscaping fiasco makes me want to go back and see what we said about it at the time...

I asked if I could have an alias once. Was thinking about getting a divorce from my second wife and was curious what the board would have to say. Didn't want to post under my username, as she knew I used the board and what my handle was... and I was not sure whether she monitored it. Moderators told me it was against board policy and they would not allow it.

My freshman year college roommate introduced me to Celebrity Jeopardy. I didn't think I would ever catch my breath watching this the first time.

I also remember Norm McDonald as Burt Reynolds' character's son in "My Name is Earl". Funny stuff and uncanny casting.

I also remember Norm McDonald as Burt Reynolds' character's son in "My Name is Earl". Funny stuff and uncanny casting.
I am an enormous Norm fan and I never knew he was on that show. I didn't watch it, just because I wasn't watching much TV at the time, but I will have to check it out.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

I am an enormous Norm fan and I never knew he was on that show. I didn't watch it, just because I wasn't watching much TV at the time, but I will have to check it out.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
You will LOVE it. It's uproariously funny. My wife watched it when it was on and raved about it. I was always working at the time. Once I only had one job instead of two, I watched it from the beginning to its premature end. Almost every episode had a moment where you'd laugh until you cried. And that same episode would also have a moment that you'd cry poignant tears. The thing was perfectly cast. I highly recommend it.

To give you some perspective of my tastes in comedy, I also like "Arrested Development", "Veep", early-to-mid "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "Andy Richter Controls the Universe". My next project will be "Ted Lasso". My wife has raved about that one as well.

Now back to "The Dearly Departed Board" thread ....

I am not a huge frequenter of the ZZL on IC as my interests over there were politics first and then hoops which is out of season. I just took a peek and that inflation thread will be the first real test. Looks like a handful of posts have already been removed citing politics.

You will LOVE it. It's uproariously funny. My wife watched it when it was on and raved about it. I was always working at the time. Once I only had one job instead of two, I watched it from the beginning to its premature end. Almost every episode had a moment where you'd laugh until you cried. And that same episode would also have a moment that you'd cry poignant tears. The thing was perfectly cast. I highly recommend it.

To give you some perspective of my tastes in comedy, I also like "Arrested Development", "Veep", early-to-mid "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "Andy Richter Controls the Universe". My next project will be "Ted Lasso". My wife has raved about that one as well.

Now back to "The Dearly Departed Board" thread ....
Hey, Heel 79, welcome to the new digs!

I asked if I could have an alias once. Was thinking about getting a divorce from my second wife and was curious what the board would have to say. Didn't want to post under my username, as she knew I used the board and what my handle was... and I was not sure whether she monitored it. Moderators told me it was against board policy and they would not allow it.
I would have let you. Or at least pretended that we never had the conversation and wondered incredulously why a new poster would make such a revealing post.

I would have let you. Or at least pretended that we never had the conversation and wondered incredulously why a new poster would make such a revealing post.
Feel free to not answer this question in a public forum but at present, the 247 software doesn't allow you guys to see anything about a user except for the email they registered with, correct?

You can't tie multiple accounts to IPs, other emails, etc.?

Is the only person that can unban somewhere there the mod that banned them? I never understood why I was banned from the whole site by a mod on the basketball board with my CF name and SCH username when I tried using that one.

Back