This thread is totally random

In the last 24 hours I had two skinks sit on the arm of my Adirondack while I read for thirty minutes or so, saw my ex for the first time in a few years (happy to report she’s gotten larger), and had three skunks trundle out of the woods and block my path home on my morning walk (one was giving me the stink-eye). Now I’ve got “skink/skank/skunk” running around in my head and it’s gonna be there all day.

In the last 24 hours I had two skinks sit on the arm of my Adirondack while I read for thirty minutes or so, saw my ex for the first time in a few years (happy to report she’s gotten larger), and had three skunks trundle out of the woods and block my path home on my morning walk (one was giving me the stink-eye). Now I’ve got “skink/skank/skunk” running around in my head and it’s gonna be there all day.
That's hilarious.

Who would expect a skunk to give someone the stink eye. 😂🤣😂🤣

A random cat just walked on my front porch.

There's also a squirrel that I see often in my yard that only has half of a tail. I call him Nubby.

Here’s something random since Halloween is around the corner.

I was an 80’s child/90’s teen…Frankenberry and Booberry cereal that only is sold around Halloween was 1000x better then than it is now. The crunchy cereal was way better/sweeter and the marshmallows didn’t get soggy as fast.

There's also a squirrel that I see often in my yard that only has half of a tail. I call him Nubby.
You keep messing with that squirrel, just don't come around whining when he's waiting for you one day...

Alcatraz is the most interesting national park in the country. Also, I’m 80% sure that I could’ve escaped from it; i’m a pretty strong swimmer.

Alcatraz is the most interesting national park in the country. Also, I’m 80% sure that I could’ve escaped from it; i’m a pretty strong swimmer.
So, you’d have been training right up until you escaped from “The Rock.”

Where? Open water training? Where?

I was better than a pretty good swimmer. I went sub-5 minutes in the 500-yd free, sub-16 minutes in the 1650-yd free, 4:15 in the 400 IM, sub-4 minutes in the 400 meter free, sub-16 minutes in the 1500 meter free.

I’m damn certain I couldn’t have swam from Alcatraz to the mainland after sitting on my ass for 2-3 months…..much less the 2 1/2 years Frank Morris had spent in Alcatraz before the escape attempt.

I doubt I could have made it through the cold waters and currents on the best swim of my life IN THE DARK at the peak of my training. After 30 months in prison? I’d drown.

My benzo’d out trust fund neighbor has an outdoor cat, for which she purchased a full wardrobe. I’ll occasionally walk out on my deck in the morning, or check overnight security footage, to find a tomcat in a tutu. It’s jarring, every time.

Here’s something random since Halloween is around the corner.

I was an 80’s child/90’s teen…Frankenberry and Booberry cereal that only is sold around Halloween was 1000x better then than it is now. The crunchy cereal was way better/sweeter and the marshmallows didn’t get soggy as fast.
True dat

Back