This thread is totally random

Have a Coopers Hawk that likes to hang out and eye the bird feeders. He'll nab one now and then. A squirrel here or there as well.

Have a Coopers Hawk that likes to hang out and eye the bird feeders. He'll nab one now and then. A squirrel here or there as well.
I was outside doing some yard work a few years ago, and I heard a bunch of crows going berserk. They were flying around a giant tulip poplar I have in my yard. Several were perched on branches of the tree. I thought, “What the hell is the matter with those birds?” I looked again and I saw the reason. Perched at the very top of the tree was a huge hawk. I had never seen it before, nor have I seen it since. The hawk sat there seeming to take no notice of the crows. After several minutes the hawk spread its wings and flew away. The crows followed it until I guess it got to the border of their territory because they suddenly peeled off and left the hawk alone.

I watched a hawk snacking on something in the middle of the street recently and all of a sudden a smaller bird (a brown bird about the size of a blue jay) flew down on the scene very fast and hit the hawk then flew away. The smaller bird then landed on a phone line and watched as the hawk flew away with its prey to the top of a telephone pole. Then the small bird flew up high in the air and flew down again very quickly and hit the hawk again. I walked out into the street and there was blood and feathers where the hawk had been sitting. The hawk was more interested in eating and ignored the bird trying to attack him. I decided the hawk had taken the mate or baby of the other bird and it was flying a suicide mission.

I watched a hawk snacking on something in the middle of the street recently and all of a sudden a smaller bird (a brown bird about the size of a blue jay) flew down on the scene very fast and hit the hawk then flew away. The smaller bird then landed on a phone line and watched as the hawk flew away with its prey to the top of a telephone pole. Then the small bird flew up high in the air and flew down again very quickly and hit the hawk again. I walked out into the street and there was blood and feathers where the hawk had been sitting. The hawk was more interested in eating and ignored the bird trying to attack him. I decided the hawk had taken the mate or baby of the other bird and it was flying a suicide mission.
I’d just about guarantee that’s what happened.

There are birds, that lay their eggs on the ground, and are fairly small that we see each year around where I live. I've seen them fight much larger birds that get near the nest.
Also, if I get near the nest they try to get me to follow them away from the nest. They are fun to watch.

I should call Robert Kennedy, Jr.; and, ask him to help me take up falconry.

I’d love to have a slew of hawks and falcons killing squirrels……would really love some birds that kill voles

How do you decide which username to use?
It depends on the conversation. He's CF when talking about basketball because CF was the Al Bundy of his 6th grade team. :cool: 😁😁

He's StoneCold when talking about Wrestling. ;)

Today at the hospital the nurse asked if I was "his son", referring to my dad who's in the hospital. I answer yes.

Then, as people tend to do, she made a statement about how we look alike. Again, I know she being nice and conversation, so I agree.

This is interesting because he's not my biological dad and I honestly don't think we look anything alike, other than being overweight.

Ok, this was posted on the old ZZL and was locked very quickly.

I'm really struggling with what this is supposed to mean.

China's Xi's plan to punish not the western powers but pacifically the United States has backfired on them. Europe was not organized and as well established society as the United States is right now. For my understanding it's all goes back to China's humiliation over creating black powder and the western powers pacifically the United States developing black powder to use. We then used black powder to control China. China's plan was to give all these grants or law enforcement customs to turn a blind eye and to let the precursors end directly into the US. not go into Europe but into pacifically the United States. China wanted us to pay for what we have accomplished. This all backfired when the manufacturers in China started to realize wait a minute we don't have to worry about getting it into the United States we can put it on the streets right here in China i
and make more money without the risk of it being seized. Now the Chinese have become addicted to fentanyl. They shut all the precursors down in July. Fentanyl in the United States has next to dried up in less than 1 month. Yes you're still plenty of fentanyl around there will be but it's nothing like it was. I have this on very very good source that this is the situation right now regarding fentanyl

My wife and I were talking with my parents. They have always been democrats, but never really outward.

My mother told us that they were driving to the highway when the trump buss passed. They had to stop and let the bus pass, so my mother rolled down the window and put both hand out and flipped off the bus and yelled "F you trump". This is very funny coming from my 74 year old mother.

Ok, this was posted on the old ZZL and was locked very quickly.

I'm really struggling with what this is supposed to mean.

China's Xi's plan to punish not the western powers but pacifically the United States has backfired on them. Europe was not organized and as well established society as the United States is right now. For my understanding it's all goes back to China's humiliation over creating black powder and the western powers pacifically the United States developing black powder to use. We then used black powder to control China. China's plan was to give all these grants or law enforcement customs to turn a blind eye and to let the precursors end directly into the US. not go into Europe but into pacifically the United States. China wanted us to pay for what we have accomplished. This all backfired when the manufacturers in China started to realize wait a minute we don't have to worry about getting it into the United States we can put it on the streets right here in China i
and make more money without the risk of it being seized. Now the Chinese have become addicted to fentanyl. They shut all the precursors down in July. Fentanyl in the United States has next to dried up in less than 1 month. Yes you're still plenty of fentanyl around there will be but it's nothing like it was. I have this on very very good source that this is the situation right now regarding fentanyl
Has OBX come over here? One of the most colorful posters…

Back