Trump Criminal & Civil Cases & Assassination Attempt News | Sentencing Delayed to after election

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 112
  • Views: 3K
  • Politics 

nycfan

Curator/Moderator
ZZL Supporter

Engoron's description of his encounter with this supposed "expert" is kind of hilarious, except that Team Trump is trying to use it to force Engoron to recuse himself due to alleged "ex parte" communications with an "expert".

Chutkan now has the case so let's get this mini-trial started !

What is the status on Smith's filing against Cannon's latest ruling. I am sure there is no change since I haven't seen anything.

I guess a better question is -- how long should we expect to hear a ruling in that one?

What is the status on Smith's filing against Cannon's latest ruling. I am sure there is no change since I haven't seen anything.

I guess a better question is -- how long should we expect to hear a ruling in that one?

“… Smith is appealing U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon’s decision last week to dismiss the case [THIRD WEEK OF JULY], in which the former president is charged with hoarding national security secrets at Mar-a-Lago after he left office. The federal court that will hear his appeal — the Atlanta-based 11th Circuit Court of Appeals — laid out a schedule Thursday that requires Smith and Trump to file legal briefs through mid-October. …”

“…
Vice President Kamala Harris framing the presidential race as "prosecutor vs. felon" may have touched a nerve with Donald Trump.

Such framing is "false" and "inaccurate," says a new defense filing that asks the judge in Trump's hush-money case to voluntarily step down prior to a pending sentencing that Trump has also challenged.

"Harris immediately framed her candidacy with a specific false reference to this case as a contest of 'prosecutor vs. convicted felon,'" Trump's filing says.

Harris' framing is an "inaccurate attack," it adds, without describing an inaccuracy. Harris is a former district attorney for San Francisco and attorney general for California; in May, Trump became the first former president convicted of a felony. …”

“… Smith is appealing U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon’s decision last week to dismiss the case [THIRD WEEK OF JULY], in which the former president is charged with hoarding national security secrets at Mar-a-Lago after he left office. The federal court that will hear his appeal — the Atlanta-based 11th Circuit Court of Appeals — laid out a schedule Thursday that requires Smith and Trump to file legal briefs through mid-October. …”

Thanks nyc. So this one absolutely comes down to election results, plus of course, Smith's team winning the appeal or portions of it, at least tossing the entire case.

This is the easiest slam dunk case if it ever sees the light of day again. Would you lawyers agree?

Last edited:

Arizona Attorney General Kris Mayes says that her staffers asked the state grand jury not to indict Donald Trump as part of the fake elector scheme.

The disclosure in newly released documents comes as Mayes seeks to convince Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Bruce Cohen to reject a bid by several of the defendants in the case to dismiss the various charges against them. In various motions, they contend that they are being prosecuted by Mayes for expressing their political views.

The other side of the equation is the former president.

"Far from being politically biased, the Attorney General's Office, despite the grand jury's interest in doing so, asked the grand jury to consider not indicting Donald Trump,'' he told Cohen. Instead, the indictment names the former president as an "unindicted co-conspirator.'' …”

Back