TV Streaming series to talk about.

UNCatTech

Honored Member
ZZL Supporter
The Bear.
FX description: FX's Critically acclaimed series The Bear is about food, family and the insanity of the grind. It's a losing battle every day in the restaurant business, and as Carmy pushes himself harder than ever and demands excellence from his crew, they do their best to match his intensity. Their quest for culinary excellence propels them to new levels and stresses the bond that hold the restaurant together.

They leave out the complexity of the characters, their history, their issue, and their road to redemption, healing, growth, and evolution.

I started binging this show this past weekend. Season 1 & 2 did well. They defined characters that were easy to relate to. Problems that are relatable and relationships, that while somewhat over the top, are understandable and relatable. Or maybe it's relatable for me...

I really enjoyed the first two seasons. The Christmas episode was crazy over the top, but I'd imagine that some families suffer through holidays marred by bad relationships, mental health issues, and dependencies/addictions. But the next episode was my favorite. I believe I can relate with Richie and his lack of confidence and self-worth. It was nice seeing him mature some and evolve some, he wears suits now. That is a good-looking suit.

But thinking about this episode, I often wonder about people in Richie's situation, mid-forties, minimal success, financial uncertainty, and no plan for the future. I couldn't imagine the stress and anxiety that life would create daily. The worry of living paycheck to paycheck, the lack of financial security, one negative event from financial ruin. I don't believe I could handle that at that age, though I pretty much did in my 20's. But that's why the introspection, examination of one's worldview, and openness to change and growth should be a requirement for every adult.

Season 3 is off to a slow start, episode 4 picked up some, hopefully it plays out well. I don't need a Lost ending to spoil what's been a fun and interesting series.

Last edited:
Tina has perfect teeth and a very nice smile. Her growing confidence is nice, but other than her child being suspended, I don't recall a lot of her back story.
I do hope that Carmy and Claire end up together, as long as Carmy can get his shit together and it's not a co-dependent mentally abusive relationship.

Tina has perfect teeth and a very nice smile. Her growing confidence is nice, but other than her child being suspended, I don't recall a lot of her back story.
I do hope that Carmy and Claire end up together, as long as Carmy can get his shit together and it's not a co-dependent mentally abusive relationship.
Tina gets a whole episode in S3.

The Bear.
FX description: FX's Critically acclaimed series The Bear is about food, family and the insanity of the grind. It's a losing battle every day in the restaurant business, and as Carmy pushes himself harder than ever and demands excellence from his crew, they do their best to match his intensity. Their quest for culinary excellence propels them to new levels and stresses the bond that hold the restaurant together.

They leave out the complexity of the characters, their history, their issue, and their road to redemption, healing, growth, and evolution.

I started binging this show this past weekend. Season 1 & 2 did well. They defined characters that were easy to relate to. Problems that are relatable and relationships, that while somewhat over the top, are understandable and relatable. Or maybe it's relatable for me...

I really enjoyed the first two seasons. The Christmas episode was crazy over the top, but I'd imagine that some families suffer through holidays marred by bad relationships, mental health issues, and dependencies/addictions. But the next episode was my favorite. I believe I can relate with Richie and his lack of confidence and self-worth. It was nice seeing him mature some and evolve some, he wears suits now. That is a good-looking suit.

But thinking about this episode, I often wonder about people in Richie's situation, mid-forties, minimal success, financial uncertainty, and no plan for the future. I couldn't imagine the stress and anxiety that life would create daily. The worry of living paycheck to paycheck, the lack of financial security, one negative event from financial ruin. I don't believe I could handle that at that age, though I pretty much did in my 20's. But that's why the introspection, examination of one's worldview, and openness to change and growth should be a requirement for every adult.

Season 3 is off to a slow start, episode 4 picked up some, hopefully it plays out well. I don't need a Lost ending to spoil what's been a fun and interesting series.
S2 “Forks” is one of my favorite TV episodes ever.

Actually just binged all three seasons of the Bear over the course of a couple of weeks in July. Really enjoyable show with good characters and character development. Lots of very well done cameo/bit part roles as well and the Christmas episode was fantastic. The only negative for me is all the KRat love :rolleyes:

I only just discovered SUCCESSION in July, and just finished it last week. That was an AMAZING series. My daughter had kept saying “I really think you will like this series, dad” and she nailed it.

Now she’s recommending THE BEAR to me. I’ve seen one or two episodes while she is watching, so I’m going to go back and start that one soon.

My favorite pandemic series that I binged was OZARK. not at all what I expected, and it was truly crazy.

I only just discovered SUCCESSION in July, and just finished it last week. That was an AMAZING series. My daughter had kept saying “I really think you will like this series, dad” and she nailed it.

Now she’s recommending THE BEAR to me. I’ve seen one or two episodes while she is watching, so I’m going to go back and start that one soon.

My favorite pandemic series that I binged was OZARK. not at all what I expected, and it was truly crazy.
Succession was a fantastic series although my wife hated the ending.

Ozark started out really good but in my opinion became rather chaotic and too unrealistic by the end. I do chuckle though anytime I hear Garth Brooks' song "That Summer" on the radio as it makes me think of Wyatt and Darlene.

Ozark was crazy over the top at times.

I like the bear more as it could almost be a true story. So many dysfunctional families, so many OCD people and so much anxiety in the resturant industry.

Anybody watching House of the Dragon? Enjoyed season 2 overall but was pretty disappointed in the finale. Felt more like a classic GOT episode 8 before one of their epic episode 9s. We got a ton of buildup and now have to wait ages for the payoff

This extended trailer for the Taiwanese series Zero Day looks amazing and depressing —

Has people in Taiwan understandably disturbed.

Watched the first half of the new season of Cobra Kai. Only took me 3 days and have to wait until Nobember for the second half. It's ridiculous how they split up the seasons now and how long it is between seasons with Netflix series.

I also started rewatching Lost. My favorite show ever. Just finished the Hurley and Locke episodes from the first season. Crazy good.

Back