TV Streaming series to talk about.

This extended trailer for the Taiwanese series Zero Day looks amazing and depressing —

Has people in Taiwan understandably disturbed.

Worked in film/TV for about 15 years. Consumed film/TV for my entire life. I've never seen a 17 minute trailer. Wild.

Looks good.

Watched the first half of the new season of Cobra Kai. Only took me 3 days and have to wait until Nobember for the second half. It's ridiculous how they split up the seasons now and how long it is between seasons with Netflix series.

I also started rewatching Lost. My favorite show ever. Just finished the Hurley and Locke episodes from the first season. Crazy good.
During the pandemic, my husband and I went back and watched episodes across seasons that dealt with character story arcs — really fun. The Desmond-Penny set was the most fun watching that way and a bit of a cheat because their story line was not all episodes where Desmond was the flashback/flash forward. We also cheated on the Sawyer set to include a lot of the Saywer in the 70s episodes regardless of who had the flash forward because he was so hilarious in that arc.

Fun way to revisit the show.

Currently rewatching Freaks and Geeks. Such a great show and one of the most accurate depictions of high school ever made. Travesty that it only got the one season.

I also started rewatching Lost. My favorite show ever. Just finished the Hurley and Locke episodes from the first season. Crazy good.
Doc Jensen’s E.W. recaps of Lost start about half way through season 1, and get really good by the beginning of season 2. They were difficult to find for awhile, but someone was able to collect and wayback them. They are well worth a read before, or after, each episode. I highly recommend them. Easily the best recaps of any show that I have seen, particularly if you are drawn to the philosophy side of the show.i

Doc Jensen’s E.W. recaps of Lost start about half way through season 1, and get really good by the beginning of season 2. They were difficult to find for awhile, but someone was able to collect and wayback them. They are well worth a read before, or after, each episode. I highly recommend them. Easily the best recaps of any show that I have seen, particularly if you are drawn to the philosophy side of the show.i

Yeah, I remember reading those after each episode when it was on TV.

Ozark went off the rails at the end lol. I still really enjoyed the entire series though, even when it became completely unrealistic.
I thought the first season was really good. Then the show steadily declined and got really, really bad.

I read an article that described it as “what if ChatGPT wrote Breaking Bad.”

I thought the first season was really good. Then the show steadily declined and got really, really bad.

I enjoyed it for what it was. It’s not close to an all time great series, but it was still fun to watch.

One of the things that kept me watching was recognizing locations. It was filmed all across North Georgia. So, my wife and I started pointing out places we recognized.
I originally looked up the locations of filming because I thought I recognized a building in one scene. I was correct.

So, I finished the Bear. They had better have a season 4 or I might have to have a talk with the decision makers at Hulu.

Season 2 was by far the best season, in my opinion. Season 3 was good, but some episodes were slow, and I can't believe he didn't call Claire.

I wish they would have put a little more into Tina's back story. But it did stick to the struggle and the start of her journey. It actually makes me happy when they show her cooking and she's evolved so much.

During the pandemic, my husband and I went back and watched episodes across seasons that dealt with character story arcs — really fun. The Desmond-Penny set was the most fun watching that way and a bit of a cheat because their story line was not all episodes where Desmond was the flashback/flash forward. We also cheated on the Sawyer set to include a lot of the Saywer in the 70s episodes regardless of who had the flash forward because he was so hilarious in that arc.

Fun way to revisit the show.
Was there a site that detailed which episodes to watch for such arcs?

Back