UNC Football Catch-All Thread | Week 4 - James Madison @ UNC (Noon ACCN)

• Thread starter Thread starter Croatoan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 665
  • Views: 8K
  • UNC Sports 
I’m fine with sports threads, I just don’t see a need to segregate them. I think Rock’s prefix plan on the pinned thread is probably a workable compromise, especially if threads are sortable by prefix.
I don't see how they are not separated and remain functional. Now we don't need 20 basketball threads, but to try and cram basketball, football, baseball, and all the other sports onto one thread is going to be incredibly hard to follow, in my opinion.

I'll leave it up to you guys but you can have a 2024-25 Football Season thread or game by game or whatever. Definitely don't need to just have one sports thread.

I'd prefer one thread per sport to encompass everything to that sport - recruiting, injuries, etc. Except game threads.Those can be separate. My 2 cents.

About even. And it’s at Minnesota.
Do you think it's a bit of an indictment on the program that we have about equal talent to Minnesota? I'm honestly asking and not being snarky. I do, but that's just me. I see Minn as a very low rung on the BIG totem pole. WAY behind Michigan, OS

I've never been this uninterested in UNC football. The abysmal waste of 2 NFL quarterbacks and running backs with literally nothing to show for it due to a historically inept defense combined with NIL/transfer portal have just killed it for me.

And realizing that the target audience is no longer the lifelong fan with season tickets and regular tailgate spot but the random non fan gambler on his cellphone trying to max out his parley.

Last edited:
I kind of like having a football thread. I can follow what is going on without having the wade through the football board on IC.

I spend enough time on OU football boards but do care how Carolina is going.

Also interested on you thoughts on Littrell. He was once a neighbor of mine here in CH. if I remember correctly the offense was pretty good under him.

I’m fine with sports threads, I just don’t see a need to segregate them. I think Rock’s prefix plan on the pinned thread is probably a workable compromise, especially if threads are sortable by prefix.
A UNC football thread, a college football thread, an NFL Football thread - that’s 3 threads; same for basketball. That’s enough.

Olympic Sports - that covers all other sports* - if there’s enough interest in a Women’s Hoops thread, have at it (but, it should include all college and WNBA posts); ditto for Diamond Heels (would love to have a thread about Heels’ baseball with WM posting on it). One MLB thread is sufficient.

Do you think it's a bit of an indictment on the program that we have about equal talent to Minnesota? I'm honestly asking and not being snarky. I do, but that's just me. I see Minn as a very low rung on the BIG totem pole. WAY behind Michigan, OS
Minnesota is in a better conference. Has a brand new football stadium. Pays 2x what we spend on a coach. Has multiple national championships.

Why should our historically mediocre football program expect to beat Minnesota at Minnesota?

Minnesota is in a better conference. Has a brand new football stadium. Pays 2x what we spend on a coach. Has multiple national championships.

Why should our historically mediocre football program expect to beat Minnesota at Minnesota?
It shouldn’t.

Back