Walz — Comer Opens Congressional Investigation of Walz trips to China

Honestly no idea … but they should stretch it out for the free media for a bit

In a perfect world, I'd like for it to be Roy Cooper. But most practically, I think it should probably be Shapiro. The Democrats' pathway to 270 runs right through Pennsylvania. It's really, really difficult to find a pathway to 270 that does not include Pennsylvania, whereas North Carolina is not a "must-have."

Having said that, though, if the Democrats feel that they can be confident that Shapiro can help them carry PA even without being on the ticket, then I think you go with Cooper. If North Carolina flips, the election is all but over for the GOP.

But there are several pathways to 270 for the Dems that do not include North Carolina, and almost none that do not include Pennsylvania.

I love what Mark Kelly brings to the table. Navy vet, astronaut, won twice in a swing state. And of course since gun control is an important issue, has a unique personal story to tell on that issue. I just hate giving up ANY senate seat and putting it on the line in a special election.

He also has an identical twin brother so he could campaign in 2 states at the same time!

I saw a tweet and immediately lost it to that annoying twitter refresh thing that said it's already down to Kelly and Shapiro. If true, great choice either way. Very excited.

I like Cooper or Shapiro. Kelly would be a mistake IMO...don't want to lose swing voters over a single issue (gun control). My fear if she chooses Cooper is that Robinson would do his best to cause damage while Cooper is campaigning out of state.

Honestly no idea … but they should stretch it out for the free media for a bit
It has occurred to me that it’s a beautiful bit of turn about that this is sucking all the oxygen out of the room and Trump must be going bananas right about now. I expect something extra heinous from him any moment just to try to get the spotlight back on him.

Beshear is awesome. Shapiro I like even more. I just fear the reaction to those who hated Biden over Gaza if a Jewish guy is on the ticket. Sad but true.

People already forgot Trump almost got killed. Have to think a lot of the "Biden indecision" was really just gamesmanship so they could time this properly.

Question: Does Buttigieg need to be "vetted" like the other candidates, or is it safe to assume that process already happened with him when he was appointed as Sec of Transportation? In other words, just because he's not on the list of possible VPs to be vetted, that doesn't necessarily mean he's not being considered, right?

Question: Does Buttigieg need to be "vetted" like the other candidates, or is it safe to assume that process already happened with him when he was appointed as Sec of Transportation? In other words, just because he's not on the list of possible VPs to be vetted, that doesn't necessarily mean he's not being considered, right?
I'd never thought of that and was kind of sad, even though I figured it wouldn't be him, that he wasn't being considered.

It strikes me as malpractice not to do so, even if the vetting is to just have him forward his copy of his prior vetting submission. And presumably Harris’s team has their own questionnaire he would have to fill out. Gotta at least do a KYC equivalent.

Back