What can the right really throw at Harris?

Centerpiece

Esteemed Member
What can Trump/Vance/Fox/Maga really throw at Presumptive Nominee Kamala Harris that will actually stick and/or hurt her enough to resonate with voters?

Plastic straws?
She’s a woman?
She’s black?
She has no children of her own?
She likes cats?
She feels women should have control over their own bodies and reproductive rights?
She was/is a member of a Sorority?

Perhaps her record as a prosecutor? An AG? From California no less?
Maybe her record as VP? Maybe the Biden admin’s accomplishments the past 3.5 years?

Let’s start with her affiliation with the current administration. If there are things which the majority of the American people can agree are good, and help the average American (ex. Infrastructure) then VP Harris can claim some credit for those things. She can say “yes, that’s good stuff and I helped Cool Joe and the admin bring that to fruition.” On the flip side, if there are things which the average American can look at and evaluate around the kitchen table as inherently bad, or agree that they are hurtful, for the most part, then VP Harris could have plausible deniability and simply claim “Yeah, that’s messed up, and I tried to tell Old Joe that wasn’t a good idea, but he didn’t listen to me and did it anyway…”

Now of course the latter probably wouldn’t happen. I feel sure that if VP Harris had anything to do with a mistake, or something bad, she would own it, apologize for it and try to make up for it, no doubt. As opposed to trump who simply denies, denies, denies and calls it fake news. I can’t see VP Harris pulling stupid stunts like that.

So what is it going to be? What are the arrows in the quiver with which the Pubs will sling at Kamala? Plastic straws? Really? Is that all you got?

What can Trump/Vance/Fox/Maga really throw at Presumptive Nominee Kamala Harris that will actually stick and/or hurt her enough to resonate with voters?

Plastic straws?
She’s a woman?
She’s black?
She has no children of her own?
She likes cats?
She feels women should have control over their own bodies and reproductive rights?
She was/is a member of a Sorority?

Perhaps her record as a prosecutor? An AG? From California no less?
Maybe her record as VP? Maybe the Biden admin’s accomplishments the past 3.5 years?

Let’s start with her affiliation with the current administration. If there are things which the majority of the American people can agree are good, and help the average American (ex. Infrastructure) then VP Harris can claim some credit for those things. She can say “yes, that’s good stuff and I helped Cool Joe and the admin bring that to fruition.” On the flip side, if there are things which the average American can look at and evaluate around the kitchen table as inherently bad, or agree that they are hurtful, for the most part, then VP Harris could have plausible deniability and simply claim “Yeah, that’s messed up, and I tried to tell Old Joe that wasn’t a good idea, but he didn’t listen to me and did it anyway…”

Now of course the latter probably wouldn’t happen. I feel sure that if VP Harris had anything to do with a mistake, or something bad, she would own it, apologize for it and try to make up for it, no doubt. As opposed to trump who simply denies, denies, denies and calls it fake news. I can’t see VP Harris pulling stupid stunts like that.

So what is it going to be? What are the arrows in the quiver with which the Pubs will sling at Kamala? Plastic straws? Really? Is that all you got?
She is the Border czar-and the whole country is being raped

Definitely the border/immigration. And inflation is still a concern to the average American.

They would be smart to stick to those attack lines, but Trump is going to lose his mind when she calls him a criminal in a debate and will hopefully say some bigoted comments back.

Ok. Border. But she and the admin had worked long and hard on bi-partisan legislation and got it through the Senate (did I add bi-partisan?) but trump quashed it. Also, wasn’t there some executive action taken by Biden/Harris, Harris/Biden recently that has caused a reduction of 55% action at the border? I believe so.

So, no. Border can’t really stick because she has that immediate history to fall back on.

And…. Inflation….. Nope, no and hell no. The VP can’t be held accountable for that. Heck even the prez can’t really be held accountable for world wide inflation caused by pandemic supply chain shortages, companies price gouging consumers at the grocery store. Corporate profits up 400% where it counts. AND, not the least of which, inflation has leveled off, stagnated and started dropping AND, inflation in the US has been much better than the remainder of the free world the past couple three years.

So, no. Inflation won’t stick to Harris. Might stick on Biden, but not on a VP. Everybody knows VPs don’t have that much to do nor have the kind of authority on which rests blame nor accolades for something like that.

Ok. Border. But she and the admin had worked long and hard on bi-partisan legislation and got it through the Senate (did I add bi-partisan?) but trump quashed it. Also, wasn’t there some executive action taken by Biden/Harris, Harris/Biden recently that has cause a reduction of 55% action at the border? I believe so.

So, no. Border can’t really stick because she has that immediate history to fall back on.

And…. Inflation….. Nope, no and hell no. The VP can’t be held accountable for that. Heck even the prez can’t really be held accountable for world wide inflation caused by pandemic supply chain shortages, companies price gouging consumers at the grocery store. Corporate profits up 400% where it counts. AND, not the least of which, inflation has leveled off, stagnated and started dropping AND, inflation in the US has been much better than the remainder of the free world the past couple three years.

So, no. Inflation won’t stick to Harris. Might stick on Biden, but not on a VP. Everybody knows VPs don’t have that much to do nor have the kind of authority on which rests blame nor accolades for something like that.
That’s wishful thinking that she can’t be tarred with “open borders” and “high prices.”

She has to have answers to those issues.

She also has to deal with some of her statements from 2019-20.

Everything she agreed to in the pretty far left 2019 Democratic primary debates.
Perhaps. But 2019 was eons ago… what’s to show? What exactly did she say back then? I don’t recall. Did she go all AOC on Whitmer on the debate stage?

That’s wishful thinking that she can’t be tarred with “open borders” and “high prices.”

She has to have answers to those issues.

She also has to deal with some of her statements from 2019-20.
I get it, but my contention and refutations still stand on border & prices. See above.

May as well pull up some video from 2019 debates and post it here to be hashed out. I won’t bother to do that, but will be glad to review and weigh in, in her defense or reasonings.

Definitely the border/immigration. And inflation is still a concern to the average American.

They would be smart to stick to those attack lines, but Trump is going to lose his mind when she calls him a criminal in a debate and will hopefully say some bigoted comments back.

This is what will likely happen. They'll also focus on her lack of experience and the fact that "you" never voted for her hoping that people will vote against her since she isn't the Democrat that "you" preferred.

Last edited:
I get it, but my contention and refutations still stand on border & prices. See above.

May as well pull up some video from 2019 debates and post it here to be hashed out. I won’t bother to do that, but will be glad to review and weigh in, in her defense or reasonings.
Low information voters won't understand that the Republicans tanked immigration reform. They will simply say that since Democrats were in charge, they should have done "something".

I’m glad you aren’t running or advising her campaign.

Well....
Clips of her during 2020 primary:
- Defund police
- Disband ICE
--We should consider allowing felons right to vote
- free Healthcare for undocumented migrants
- giggle fits. Sure it is trite, but perceptions matter. Can come across as not serious.
- They are already blasting her for "sleeping her way up the legal and political ranks." Dating a much older politician or someone in DA or Justice Dept. in CA. Sure I know Trump is a sleazebag, adulterer, sexual predator and fake christian that married a much younger model. But they are throwing this out there already.
- Named Border czar. Rarely if ever went there. Did nothing on it. Don't even recall her ever speaking about it.

She is the Border czar-and the whole country is being raped
sad its always sunny in philadelphia GIF

I haven't read this whole thing yet, but if you want to really engage with a substantive rebuke of Kamala from a quasi-legitimate source, this is Andrew Sullivan's take published today: https://andrewsullivan.substack.com/p/the-kamala-chimera-dac

I used to be a big Dish reader, and Andrew has gone very sideways in the last few years, but he's a better/more honest broker of possible pushback to mainstream leftism (and Kamala as the standard bearer of same) than you will find in most places.

I haven't read this whole thing yet, but if you want to really engage with a substantive rebuke of Kamala from a quasi-legitimate source, this is Andrew Sullivan's take published today: https://andrewsullivan.substack.com/p/the-kamala-chimera-dac

I used to be a big Dish reader, and Andrew has gone very sideways in the last few years, but he's a better/more honest broker of possible pushback to mainstream leftism (and Kamala as the standard bearer of same) than you will find in most places.
Sobering But she certainly has a whole new message
And her biggest advantage is the cretin oppponent and his eyeliner shape shifter mini me But sobering
I do think "how I feel about the candidate" is what turns most undecided folks-and they are the ones that count on the margins

Hard to take this at face value with comments like this:

"Harris believes illegal aliens should get work authorization and free healthcare. She favors unproven, irreversible medical experiments on gay, autistic, and trans children. She favors, and the Biden administration has enforced, systemic government discrimination against men, whites, Jews and Asians to compensate for past discrimination against African-Americans and women."

Well....
Clips of her during 2020 primary:
- Defund police
- Disband ICE
--We should consider allowing felons right to vote
- free Healthcare for undocumented migrants
- giggle fits. Sure it is trite, but perceptions matter. Can come across as not serious.
- They are already blasting her for "sleeping her way up the legal and political ranks." Dating a much older politician or someone in DA or Justice Dept. in CA. Sure I know Trump is a sleazebag, adulterer, sexual predator and fake christian that married a much younger model. But they are throwing this out there already.
- Named Border czar. Rarely if ever went there. Did nothing on it. Don't even recall her ever speaking about it.
Defund police - we know that meant cut down on all their military grade toys, not cut police manpower or cut their wages.

Disband ICE - THIS is what she actually said, and it was back in 2018 “I think there’s no question that we’ve got to critically re-examine ICE and its role and the way that it is being administered and the work it is doing,” she told MSNBC. “And we need to probably think about starting from scratch.”

Sorry, I don’t see a problem with her take on ICE as it stood back then.

Voting felons - well trump and his minions would certainly like that now wouldn’t they? But seriously, Harris didn’t definitively say whether she supports felons being able to vote from prison, but she feels “there has to be serious consequence for the most extreme types of crimes.” And “I’m going think about it and I’m going to talk to experts and I’m going to make a decision and I will let you know,” she said “It’s a complex issue” But she also leaned in on “I’m a prosecutor after all”. And finally, she didn’t go all full on Bernie who said at that time ALL FELONS SHOULD BE ABLE TO VOTE even from prison. Harris didn’t say that. Bernie did.

Free healthcare - This is what she actually said: “I am opposed to any policy that would deny in our country any human being from access to public safety, public education or public health, period.”
Personally, I’m ok with that.

Giggle fits - I think she has an infectious smile. And don’t forget plastic straws!

“Sleeping her way…” “Casting couch” like an actress auditioning for a role in the upcoming film? Hahaha. Nope. Not buying it.

Border Czar - like any good doctor she went down to Guatemala and so on looking for root causes. “Going to the border” would be like a doctor looking into your mouth and saying “yep, I see some inflammation there” without swabbing and getting a culture or ordering the blood work to actually see what maybe the real issue.

I’m glad you aren’t running or advising her campaign.
Not qualified myself. But i would certainly hope her campaign team is asking this very question: “So what can we expect trumps team to throw at us, what are we looking at here folks”?

That’s all I’m doing - trouble shooting and trying to stay ahead of the game. When I play chess, I’m looking at least one or two moves ahead. How about you? Or do you even play chess?

Back