• Thread starter Thread starter farce©
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 562
  • Views: 3K
  • Off-Topic 

farce©

Esteemed Member
ZZL Supporter
The Wordle thread on the ZZL is pretty much the only reason I would post on IC at this point. I don’t know how many of the 15-20 folks who post on that ZZL thread have created accounts here, but there are likely others here who play Wordle every day who might post here. It’s also much easier to post your result here since you can just paste directly from the “Share” button on the game. I will start and if enough people post their scores it will survive and if nobody participates it will drop into oblivion.

And please don’t take this thread as an invitation to start any of the multitude of “rearrange the letters” game threads that litter the ZZL.

I had a laborious 4 today.

Wordle 1,134 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I Wordle daily and usually do both Quordles and Octordles when I have time. Share scores with my elderly mom and aunt. My mom only does them sometimes, depending on how she is doing that day, but my 80-year-old aunt does them religiously and is remarkably consistent on her results.

Anyway, I do Wordle on the hard mode:

IMG_2168.jpeg

I’m definitely not a Wordle savant or anything:

IMG_2169.jpeg
My last one was an actual miss. All my other misses (after getting the gist of it the first week I started playing) were forgetting to do it.

It's a difficulty ranking from easy to tricky, which I believe goes like this:

Yellow < Green < Blue < Purple

Some days it seems more arbitrary, but most times it's fair.
I didn’t know the colors were meaningful, but my strategy is to find the easiest ones first which means you’re choosing among fewer options as the connections become more difficult or obscure.

I really like that but recently fell out of habit of playing it.
I’m retired. I generally have time to kill after I’ve walked the dog and I’m enjoying my morning coffee. So all the NYT games are attractive to me!

I’m retired. I generally have time to kill after I’ve walked the dog and I’m enjoying my morning coffee. So all the NYT games are attractive to me!

I am almost 46. I do them as a routine to keep my brain sharp

What is annoying in connections is when they have a category that has MORE than 4 that fit. And they’re just arbitrarily picking which ones go in that category and which ones are the tricks. But I still play every day. Strands has ended up being my favorite of the NYT games.

What is annoying in connections is when they have a category that has MORE than 4 that fit. And they’re just arbitrarily picking which ones go in that category and which ones are the tricks. But I still play every day. Strands has ended up being my favorite of the NYT games.
This is when you pause to figure out another category that one could fit into.

Wordle 1,135 3/6*
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟦⬜🟦⬜
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

No idea on the 3rd guess but lucked out

Connections
Puzzle #413
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨

This is when you pause to figure out another category that one could fit into.
Yeah, but that turns it into a logic puzzle, especially since the connections between the categories with 5 or more answers in them are usually blisteringly obvious.

If I’d wanted to do a logic puzzle, I’d have done a logic puzzle.

I also dislike the “trivia” form where I need to know this word is also a pop star or rapper.

Back