Wordle thread

• Thread starter Thread starter farce©
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 562
  • Views: 3K
  • Off-Topic 
Easy 3 for me today, which had become pretty rare since I adopted SAVVY as my starting word (it has to happen sooner or later and on that day I figure I’ll be the only one in the world to get it in one, only with my luck I’ll probably forget to do the puzzle that day! 😀)

Board avg from yesterday was a dead-on 4.0, b/c only nycfan and farce reported 4's and I had a 4 as well. Today's board avg so far is 3.4 with 5 reporting (I had a 4)..

Five on the first full day isn’t bad. Hopefully we will get some more daily players/posters here.

Thanks for doing the tabulations.

Correct. I've got a bunch of singleton Wordle text buddies, five is a bevvy...

For those who weren't posting on the IC Wordle thread, I've just endured a personal tragedy that farce is privy to. I was on record as using JUICE as my starter word for months if not years. It wasn't a great starting word, as J is the least used letter in the english language, but I went with it probably 75% of the time. Alas, yesterday was not one of those times. To add insult to injury, I started with FRUIT yesterday, so I had the U and the I yellow but, idiot that I am, instead of immediately going with JUICE, I tried UNITY (or something like that) and then - unbelievably - ILIUM.

The full horror of the situation dawned on me as I meekly typed in JUICE and the green letters began flipping on my FOURTH guess. Calls and texts of condolence came in as word of the horror spread. Well, FRUIT's day will come, and when it does, I'll be there. I harbor some slight reticence re: FRUIT, as it used to be a somewhat derogatory term for homosexuals and NYT may be disinclined to use it as the answer. This thought occurred to me today as I attempted SPOOK as my fourth guess and fathomed that it, too, had been hijacked by nefarious-minded folk. I'll stick with FRUIT for awhile though...

Last edited:
BTW, unlike the IC software this board makes is super easy to post your grid. Just click the "share" button when you complete the puzzle and paste it into your post.

3.7 board average so far today..

Also, isn't it funny that super directly mentioned a wordle thread yesterday!

3.7 board average so far today..

Also, isn't it funny that super directly mentioned a wordle thread yesterday!
😂 It is the only thread I've started here and it gets called out for being frivolous!

Actually I think he said a few non-political threads would be OK by him but he hoped it would be kept within reason, and he cited the Wordle thread as an example of an OK thread. Wish I had been able to read the tea leaves on that post!

BTW, unlike the IC software this board makes is super easy to post your grid. Just click the "share" button when you complete the puzzle and paste it into your post.
Thanks for that tip. I always assumed you had to login to an NYT account to be able to do that but it appears you don't, cool.

2! My new starting word after the juice fiasco paid dividends. Had the first letter green and second letter yellow, took me a solid 5 minutes to come up with a second guess that hadn't already been used...

Back