Wordle thread

• Thread starter Thread starter farceΒ©
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 562
  • Views: 3K
  • Off-Topic 
Took me four tries today.
Got to my third try very quickly and then it took me a looooooong time to finally get it.

Jesus H Christ, only got the answer today b/c I managed to get 2 letters w/their positions on the 2nd guess and I could NOT think of another word which fit, not b/c I thought that might actually be the answer lol

Wordle 1,138 3/6*
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Connections
Puzzle #416
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ
🟩🟩🟩🟩

3. I spent half an hour off and on trying to find ANY word after all the popular letters I eliminated on the first two lines. I hated to use this word but eventually it was just β€œeff it, it’s all I’ve got” and it flipped over all green!

Wordle 1,138 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

3. I spent half an hour off and on trying to find ANY word after all the popular letters I eliminated on the first two lines. I hated to use this word but eventually it was just β€œeff it, it’s all I’ve got” and it flipped over all green!

Wordle 1,138 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Dude...exact same situation. I struggled for about 10 min and was like, "okay, let's plug this in and see if it reveals any other letters and maybe I can get it in 4 or 5" lol

4 today. And like the rest of you, I entered it hesitatingly as it was the only word I could come with.

Wordle 1,138 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
That’s great (this is another post-padding comment).

Wordle 1,138 4/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Between #3 and #4 was a lot of staring and anger

Connections
Puzzle #416
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ

Wordle 1,139 2/6*

πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordlebot says there were only 14 possible solutions left after my first word, but still makes me very lucky to get it on my second try. (β€œWith 14 words still to choose from, this was a very lucky guess”). Smarmy Wordlebot. LOL.

Edit to note that among hard mode players so far, 8.1% got it on the second try and over 53% on the third, so I guess this one rates as easy.

Connections
Puzzle #417
🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ

Wordle 1,139 2/6*

πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordlebot says there were only 14 possible solutions left after my first word, but still makes me very lucky to get it on my second try. (β€œWith 14 words still to choose from, this was a very lucky guess”). Smarmy Wordlebot. LOL.
"He's" not wrong tho :p

4 for me yesterday. Got nothing on first guess, one yellow on second guess and one green on third guess. I had exhausted all vowels save the E so I knew there had to be two of em. Still took me a minute. 4.25 board avg yesterday so I guess we gotta take a 4.3. Another 4 for me today, no greens until fourth guess. FRUIT is not really paying off, I might have to revisit my new starting word...

Can someone with a NYT subscription provide the NYT avg? Thanks.

Back