Wordle thread

• Thread starter Thread starter farce©
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 562
  • Views: 3K
  • Off-Topic 
3.6 (barely - 3.556) board avg yesterday, I think the NYT avg was 3.9. 3 for me today, a green and three yellows on second guess. Still took me a minute to solve. Kind of an oddball word in terms of trying to piece it together. At least it was for me. I kinda like it though...

3.6 (barely - 3.556) board avg yesterday, I think the NYT avg was 3.9. 3 for me today, a green and three yellows on second guess. Still took me a minute to solve. Kind of an oddball word in terms of trying to piece it together. At least it was for me. I kinda like it though...
I changed my starting word today based upon what somebody said the NYT suggests your starting word should be and I got a damn 5. I’m blaming my 5 on that.

Finally broke my rut of 5s with a 3 today. Felt pretty good about it till I came here and saw all the 2s.

Form a strategic POV, using what turned out to be the answer in this case as a second guess was not a great idea. I had 65 possible answers left and used one I almost never would in the same circumstances most other days. But that word was stuck in my head, so I went with it. So truly dumb luck.

We smoked the NYT avg by half a stroke today, 3.3 vs. 3.8. Tip o' the tam to the two 2's (I just can't help it with the alliteration)...

Wordle 1,143 4/6*

🟨⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Connections
Puzzle #421
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Strands #155