Wordle thread

• Thread starter Thread starter farce©
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 562
  • Views: 3K
  • Off-Topic 
My text buddy got it in 1! I think it's her first one...
I alternate between two starting words every other day. I just know the day one of them is the word, I will be using the other one that day.

I alternate between two starting words every other day. I just know the day one of them is the word, I will be using the other one that day.
It kinda chaps my ass that I started with juice about 75% of the time for a year or more and then when juice's day came, I went with something else. Meanwhile, she started using today's answer about a week ago, started with it 5 out of the last 6 days and then boom, she gets it. I mean, I'm happy for her but I also feel like Fortune is fucking with me...

Connections
Puzzle #425
🟦🟪🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩

Not my best day on either puzzle, but I’m still first in posting results, and I did solve them both. Happy Friday!

Very happy with my Wordle 3

Wordle 1,147 3/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟨⬛🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Struck out in Connections. I got yellow and was certain of two of the other categories but too many overlapping options and a word I have NEVER heard used the way they used it

Very happy with my Wordle 3

Wordle 1,147 3/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟨⬛🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Struck out in Connections. I got yellow and was certain of two of the other categories but too many overlapping options and a word I have NEVER heard used the way they used it
Math brain issue?

Ugly 4 today. I had to flail and put a different letter where I already had a green letter just to try and place a couple of yellows. Ugh...

I play wordle a bit different than most people. I deliberately use the same first three words every day and then try to guess the correct answer on the fourth guess. The words I use are crash, point, and blued. This uses 15/26 letters and all vowels. Here's today's result.

Wordle 1,147 4/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 1,147 4/6
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨⬛🟩
🟩⬛⬛🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sigh. I actually chose a "harder" word for my 3rd guess than what the solution ended up being.

Connections
Puzzle #425
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩

I play wordle a bit different than most people. I deliberately use the same first three words every day and then try to guess the correct answer on the fourth guess. The words I use are crash, point, and blued. This uses 15/26 letters and all vowels. Here's today's result.

Wordle 1,147 4/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
That is how my aunt plays and she almost always gets it in 4.

3.8 board avg today vs. 3.7 NYT avg. Not sure how to incorporate quaker's score into the average. His strategy is almost never going to produce anything better than a 4 but by the same token, as nycfan can attest, I'm sure others use the same strategy and those scores get incorporated into the NYT avg every day. My guess, however, is that less than 10% of Wordle players play like that, so quaker's score will be overrepresented in here compared to those included in the NYT avg, but then again, I really have no idea how many people play like that...

Last edited:
3.8 board avg today vs. 3.7 NYT avg. Not sure how to incorporate quaker's score into the average. His strategy is almost never going to produce anything better than a 4 but by the same token, as nycfan can attest, I'm sure others use the same strategy and those scores get incorporated into the NYT avg every day. My guess, however, is that less than 10% of Wordle players play like that, so quaker's score will be overrepresented in here compared to those included in the NYT avg, but then again, I really have no idea how many people play like that...

I wouldn't try to incorporate mine as I'm intentionally not playing optimally. It would skew the data.

Back