2024 Political Polls

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 2K
  • Views: 56K
  • Politics 
I am !

I posted over and over again that Trump would be trailing Harris in the blue wall states by the time she and Walz were nominated in Chicago.

You don't have to believe me ; just go over to the old zzlp board and read them for yourself.
He was shot before Biden resigned though.

monmouth.jpeg

monmouth2.jpeg

me, me.

When UNCpink was proclaiming that moment as the end of politics, I was saying that it would soon be forgotten and there was a lot more campaign left to be run.

I had hoped for a stronger replacement candidate, but so far, Kamala has exceeded my expectations. To the extent I am surprised, that is the only part.
Yeah, seriously. I was pretty sure the assassination bump was never going to stick. I couldn't even fathom that there would be a bump at all, because it is totally meaningless. It appeals to the base, but they already have created a mental image of Trump as some combination of Patton, Ali and Churchill. Otherwise, who the f cares? How does Trump's ear affect what he is going to do as president? How would it possibly affect your life at all?

The only problem was Biden.

I was thinking of Biden -> Kamala today, because my wife is having a colonoscopy today. For the last day and a half, she's been unable to eat and has been required to guzzle this gross liquid that makes her sit on the toilet for half an hour at a time as she clears her colon. When that is done, she plans to go to Burger King. Not because she likes Burger King -- she doesn't. It's because there's a Burger King right across the street from the imaging center, and after what she's been through, everything will be delicious.

The point is that Dems have been depressed for a year by Biden's sagging poll numbers and his seeming inability for his campaign to get any traction. And then July was like the freaking colonoscopy. When Biden stepped aside, there was so much pent up energy and enthusiasm that it was going to pour out in support of any candidate who could provide unity, energy and (relatively) youthful enthusiasm. That's not at all to denigrate what Harris has done, which is impressive as hell. It's just to say that, in my view, there is a real messiah effect in politics. Hmm. Maybe I'll start a thread about that.

Yeah, seriously. I was pretty sure the assassination bump was never going to stick. I couldn't even fathom that there would be a bump at all, because it is totally meaningless. It appeals to the base, but they already have created a mental image of Trump as some combination of Patton, Ali and Churchill. Otherwise, who the f cares? How does Trump's ear affect what he is going to do as president? How would it possibly affect your life at all?

The only problem was Biden.

I was thinking of Biden -> Kamala today, because my wife is having a colonoscopy today. For the last day and a half, she's been unable to eat and has been required to guzzle this gross liquid that makes her sit on the toilet for half an hour at a time as she clears her colon. When that is done, she plans to go to Burger King. Not because she likes Burger King -- she doesn't. It's because there's a Burger King right across the street from the imaging center, and after what she's been through, everything will be delicious.

The point is that Dems have been depressed for a year by Biden's sagging poll numbers and his seeming inability for his campaign to get any traction. And then July was like the freaking colonoscopy. When Biden stepped aside, there was so much pent up energy and enthusiasm that it was going to pour out in support of any candidate who could provide unity, energy and (relatively) youthful enthusiasm. That's not at all to denigrate what Harris has done, which is impressive as hell. It's just to say that, in my view, there is a real messiah effect in politics. Hmm. Maybe I'll start a thread about that.
Had my first colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely horrific prep process. Thankfully off the hook for another 7 years.

Had my first colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely horrific prep process. Thankfully off the hook for another 7 years.
Better or worse than another Trump presidency?

I think that if God appeared to me and guaranteed Trump would lose on the condition that I would have a colonoscopy every six months, I'd agree to that in a second.

Had my first in March. The prep is annoying - really the not eating solid foods. And then I didnt realize you really dont sleep well the night before because...well.
But that said the sleep afterwards was sooo nice. Also dont have to go back for 7-10! Hooray!

Had my first in March. The prep is annoying - really the not eating solid foods. And then I didnt realize you really dont sleep well the night before because...well.
But that said the sleep afterwards was sooo nice. Also dont have to go back for 7-10! Hooray!
Actually the not eating was fine. I drank a ton of fluids to keep me full. But the stuff I had to drink for the cleansing was vile. It was simultaneously sickeningly sweet and horrifically bitter. I couldn't even finish the second batch but thankfully I didn't puke it all up and forced down enough that it was still effective. And yeah since my procedure was at 7:30 in the morning, getting up at 1:30 in the morning to start my second round of prep was not anticipated and not fun at all.

Better or worse than another Trump presidency?

I think that if God appeared to me and guaranteed Trump would lose on the condition that I would have a colonoscopy every six months, I'd agree to that in a second.
Fair point...

Ha ha, suckers!!!! ColoGuard for the win! It’s only SLIGHTLY less effective, and it’s not invasive at all. The one difference is I’m on the hook to do that every 3-4 years instead of every 7 years, but I’m willing to accept that.

The Democrats were never “toast” in this election. Only Joe Biden was toast, which is why it was imperative that he be replaced as soon as possible after the debate.

It’s really not shocking at all that things are trending their way now, given how many people were just so tired of the two old guys.

Actually the not eating was fine. I drank a ton of fluids to keep me full. But the stuff I had to drink for the cleansing was vile. It was simultaneously sickeningly sweet and horrifically bitter. I couldn't even finish the second batch but thankfully I didn't puke it all up and forced down enough that it was still effective. And yeah since my procedure was at 7:30 in the morning, getting up at 1:30 in the morning to start my second round of prep was not anticipated and not fun at all.
Next time: make sure it's cold out of the fridge and drink it with a straw. MASSIVELY helps

Back