2024 Political Polls

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 2K
  • Views: 56K
  • Politics 
Had my first in March. The prep is annoying - really the not eating solid foods. And then I didnt realize you really dont sleep well the night before because...well.
But that said the sleep afterwards was sooo nice. Also dont have to go back for 7-10! Hooray!
I shot 10 strokes better than my usual that afternoon afterwards. Propofol is a hell of a drug!

Most Florida Senate polls have it much closer between Scott and Mucarsel-Powell, including a Florida Atlantic University poll today that has the margin only at +4 for Scott.

That said, I gave up counting on Florida long ago. Tester in MT is the one that really needs to come through.
Yeah, to get one's hopes up about Florida is foolish, but I will say that the great unknown in Florida this year compared to earlier election years is that Florida is also voting this year on an abortion amendment and that could significantly alter the composition and size of the electorate. In other states - including very red states like Ohio and Kansas - anytime abortion rights amendments or referendums have been on the ballot there has been a large surge of pro-choice voters. If that happens in Florida then Scott and Trump might be in trouble. OTOH, it is Florida and so counting on that to happen is not wise nor realistic.

“… Vice President Kamala Harris trails former President Donald Trump by one percentage point in the latest Fox News national survey, 49-50%.

Last month, she was also behind Trump by one point, 48-49% -- as was President Joe Biden, with the same 48-49% result.

… In the expanded presidential ballot, Harris and Trump received 45% each, while support for Kennedy stands at 6%. All others are at 1%. Support for RFK is down from 10% in July and a high of 15% in November 2023. Seven percent of those backing Harris in the head-to-head matchup defect to third-party candidates compared to 9% of those favoring Trump. …”

“… Vice President Kamala Harris trails former President Donald Trump by one percentage point in the latest Fox News national survey, 49-50%.

Last month, she was also behind Trump by one point, 48-49% -- as was President Joe Biden, with the same 48-49% result.

… In the expanded presidential ballot, Harris and Trump received 45% each, while support for Kennedy stands at 6%. All others are at 1%. Support for RFK is down from 10% in July and a high of 15% in November 2023. Seven percent of those backing Harris in the head-to-head matchup defect to third-party candidates compared to 9% of those favoring Trump. …”

“Fox and Rasmussen are the only reliable polls” - Trump

Had my first colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely horrific prep process. Thankfully off the hook for another 7 years.
Link: https://www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article1928847.html

Dave Berry column from 2008.

Money Quote: MoviPrep is a nuclear laxative. I don’t want to be too graphic, here, but: Have you ever seen a space shuttle launch? This is pretty much the MoviPrep experience, with you as the shuttle. There are times when you wish the commode had a seat belt.

No chance Trump ends up with 49 or 50%. I think 47% is his absolute cap.

I wonder how much of Trump's decline in NC is due to Robinson dragging him down. Most recent polls of the governor's race now show Stein leading, and one poll had him up by double digits. Both Trump and Robinson could still easily win NC, of course, but it does appear that as more and more people learn about Robinson the less they like him, at least outside of the absolute GOP base.

I wonder how much of Trump's decline in NC is due to Robinson dragging him down. Most recent polls of the governor's race now show Stein leading, and one poll had him up by double digits. Both Trump and Robinson could still easily win NC, of course, but it does appear that as more and more people learn about Robinson the less they like him, at least outside of the absolute GOP base.
Not sure Robinson can easily win NC.

Harris and Trump Tied in Head-to-Head Ballot Among Michigan Voters​

"AARP commissioned the bipartisan polling team of Fabrizio Ward (R) & Impact Research (D) to conduct a survey of voters in Michigan. The firms interviewed 1,382 likely voters, which includes a statewide representative sample of 600 likely voters, an oversample of 470 likely voters 50 and older, and an additional oversample of 312 Black likely voters 50 and older. The survey was conducted August 7–11, 2024 via live interviewer on landline (25%) and cellphone (37%), as well as SMS to web (38%). The sample was randomly drawn from the Michigan voter list."
AARP.jpeg

Harris and Trump Tied in Head-to-Head Ballot Among Michigan Voters​

"AARP commissioned the bipartisan polling team of Fabrizio Ward (R) & Impact Research (D) to conduct a survey of voters in Michigan. The firms interviewed 1,382 likely voters, which includes a statewide representative sample of 600 likely voters, an oversample of 470 likely voters 50 and older, and an additional oversample of 312 Black likely voters 50 and older. The survey was conducted August 7–11, 2024 via live interviewer on landline (25%) and cellphone (37%), as well as SMS to web (38%). The sample was randomly drawn from the Michigan voter list."
AARP.jpeg
Even the boomer crowd is growing tired of Trump.

Back