2024 Political Polls

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 2K
  • Views: 56K
  • Politics 
Agreed. Democrats need to run scared all the way to election day. Any Democrat who feels cocky or confident about the election outcome after 2016 (and near defeat in 2020) needs to have their head examined, imo.
I know, I know. I hear y'all, I really do. You can probably tell that I'm still very new to the whole "being a Democratic voter" thing. Unbridled confidence is probably a leftover remnant as a hallmark of my former Republicanism :cool:

Take out that 8% and Kamala’s around 50%. RFK will almost certainly drop to 2% max, so if Kamala can get most of that, she would win. Just a moment in time, of course.
Why do you think it is certain that RFK maxes out at 2%? That is possible, for sure. But I don’t think there is any magic about the 2% level. He could outperform that or he could drop to 1%. There have been several third party candidates over the years, with far less name recognition than RFK, to get 3%+

Why do you think it is certain that RFK maxes out at 2%? That is possible, for sure. But I don’t think there is any magic about the 2% level. He could outperform that or he could drop to 1%. There have been several third party candidates over the years, with far less name recognition than RFK, to get 3%+
Maybe he gets a second wind, but RFK seems like he’s on his absolute last legs now. No money, no momentum, no buzz. Historically, those candidacies fade at the end. I’d put his over-under at 1.5%, but it’s also extremely possible he ends his campaign in the next couple of weeks, in which case he’ll probably get less than 1%.

Maybe he gets a second wind, but RFK seems like he’s on his absolute last legs now. No money, no momentum, no buzz. Historically, those candidacies fade at the end. I’d put his over-under at 1.5%, but it’s also extremely possible he ends his campaign in the next couple of weeks, in which case he’ll probably get less than 1%.
That sounds right to me. But nothing makes it certain he’ll max out at 2%. I don’t think too many things are “certain” in this year’s election.

That sounds right to me. But nothing makes it certain he’ll max out at 2%. I don’t think too many things are “certain” in this year’s election.
Very true. Just looking at the odds. The swing states are all that really matters, of course, but for national polling, I’m looking at when Kamala hits 51%. That’s the winning number, in my opinion. If RFK outperforms, it may be less than that, but I just don’t see him going anywhere.

also third party candidates attract the both sides are bad people/ there's no point in trying crowd whom are likely to cheer them durign the race, but then look at the chances on election day and say "why bother?" to going out to vote.

The ruling about his NY residency could be a backbreaker. "Renting" a room in a friend's house that you never step foot in while claiming that's your permanent residence is a bold strategy Cotton.

Those examples are fine but not on my point of the same boring message not landing 9 years later. That's the point. Trump's same, tired stuff is boring to people outside of the cult.

Hell Clinton was going to win before Comey fucked her. I am a Duke football fan...I get blowing leads late.
I don’t think historical polls are very useful or an indicator of anything in this election.

Agreed. Democrats need to run scared all the way to election day. Any Democrat who feels cocky or confident about the election outcome after 2016 (and near defeat in 2020) needs to have their head examined, imo.
I agree with you. But on the other hand, I don't believe James Comey is in any governmental position where he can spring an "October Surprise" on Harris.

Rasmussen Alert:

This doesn’t bother me at all. Rasmussen only gives access to its cross tabs to subscribers, but their methodology has lost credibility recently. But polls like this pull the average down, which means the real numbers are probably a little better for Kamala than the averages. I’d much rather have an error in that direction than the other.

Back