2024 Presidential Election | 41 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 93K
  • Politics 
GOOD! You are feeling exactly like I want every single sane person in America to feel. If your feeling was infectious, I would hope it would spread far and wide.
Agreed. I do wonder if republicans get nervous like that? It feels democrats are the eternal pessimists when it comes to elections though. I mean it's so pervasive that Michelle Obama talked about it in her speech

The saying isn't The exception proves the rule" It is The exception proofs the rule"
As in it tests the rule
No it's not, the saying is "the exception that proves the rule". But the saying is often misused in everyday speech.

What is being referenced is a situation where a rule book (or procedural or law or whatever) doesn't mention a specific topic, but only mentions an exception to that topic.

For instance, if a building has a sign that says "No food or drink in the computer lab" and there are no other signs regarding food or drinks, then you can deduce that food or drinks are acceptable everywhere else in the building. The sign (stating the specific rule) forbidding food or drink in one part of the building would only exist as an exception to the unstated rule regarding the rest of the building, that food or drinks are ok.

In this case, the exception (the "no food or drink in the computer lab" sign) is the very proof of that the alternative is true for all other circumstances (food & drinks are acceptable elsewhere).

It always gets me that Republicans in NC say the Democrats in the past were just as bad as Republicans are now. And, in a way, the Republicans are correct. But the "Democrats in the past" literally are the Repbulicans now. The difference is that in the past Republcans just weren't a factor in NC legislative races. The Democrats did engage in Gerrymandering. But it was Conservative Democrats gerrymandering Moderate Democrats to preserve conservative dominance of the legislature.

Exactly the same thing as is happening now. And when I say "Moderate" that's what I mean. There has never been a significant elected "Liberal" presence in any part of NC government. The fact that BSC conservatives used have a "(D)" after their names and now have "(R)" after it really isn't the smoking gun that conservatives seem to think it is.
This is spot on. I’ve said this many times in the past on the old ZZLP. Today’s Pubs are the same as Jim Crow southernDemocrats. They began migrating to the GOP after the Civil Rights Act and continued throughout the 70s/80s.

Trump requested two Filet-O-Fish sandwiches with cheese from McDonald’s, stadium hotdogs, Domino’s pizza and Diet Coke, Mayers said. Trump has previously requested McDonald’s while visiting Alabama, state GOP officials said.

Back