2024 Presidential Election | 43 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 91K
  • Politics 
I’ve grown tired of saying, “Customer Service Rep” 15-20 times to the phone when calling a bank, credit card company, medical insurance, etc.
I agree with you completely. But if given a choice between (a) talking to someone who I know is just going to pass me along to someone else and (b) going to the relevant website and doing what I want without being bounced around the telephone system a dozen times because the person I'm talking to has no idea how to do what I want and no interest in finding our what I want, I will take a website everytime.

When ordering takeout, if the restaurant doesn't have an online ordering system, I get the takeout somewhere that does. Order on-line, pay on-line, walk in and find the on-line to-go shelve, and walk out. That's what I consider to be A+ customer service.

Election is 86 days away and we know who most of the national "news" outlets are rooting for:

Trump proposal to exempt tips from taxes could cost $250 billion
(2 months later) Same proposal, but you have to dig down to the 10th paragraph to find the $250 billion deficit mentioned. Weird.

Harris backs ending taxes on tips, echoing Trump proposal

Election is 86 days away and we know who most of the national "news" outlets are rooting for:

(2 months later) Same proposal, but you have to dig down to the 10th paragraph to find the $250 billion deficit mentioned. Weird.

That’s not weird at all. The first article is about the estimated cost of the proposal. That’s its whole point. The second article is about Kamala adopting the proposal — unexpectedly at that. The cost is not the main point of that article.

There are occasionally examples of the national media putting their finger on the scale for the Democrats . It does nothing to help your credibility when you cry foul over reporting that does no such thing.

Last edited:

It is absolutely unquestionable that the news companies are rooting for Trump. They are down on their hands and knees in their offices begging for Trump to be re-elected. News consumption, traffic, clicks, etc. skyrocketed during Trump's presidency due to how outrageous he was, how many mistakes he made, etc.

This gotcha attempt is a fly on the windshield of the news media semitruck wishing Trump wins the election.

That’s not weird at all. The first article is about the estimated cost of the proposal. That’s its whole point. The second article is about Kamala adopting the proposal — unexpectedly at that. The cost is not the main point of that article.

There are occasionally examples of the national media putting their finger on the scale for the Democrat. It does nothing to help your credibility when you cry foul over reporting that does no such thing.
The Trump headline clearly includes the big negative aspect of the proposal. Harris' headline could have easily referenced the same negative aspect....but "surprisingly" it didn't.

Something like:

"Harris backs Trump tax proposal that could cost $250 billion"

Hell, put it in the first paragraph or sub-headline.

How did you get that from that? Why would they rewrite the exact same story or headline? They soend the first part of the second article talking about he she is echoing Trump’s proposal, as well as include that in headline. There’s nothing flattering about that.

The Trump headline clearly includes the big negative aspect of the proposal. Harris' headline could have easily referenced the same negative aspect....but "surprisingly" it didn't.

Something like:

"Harris backs Trump tax proposal that could cost $250 billion"

Hell, put it in the first paragraph or sub-headline.
Sorry, bud. If you can’t see this is not an example of media bias, you’re just looking for something to complain about.

I agree with you completely. But if given a choice between (a) talking to someone who I know is just going to pass me along to someone else and (b) going to the relevant website and doing what I want without being bounced around the telephone system a dozen times because the person I'm talking to has no idea how to do what I want and no interest in finding our what I want, I will take a website everytime.

When ordering takeout, if the restaurant doesn't have an online ordering system, I get the takeout somewhere that does. Order on-line, pay on-line, walk in and find the on-line to-go shelve, and walk out. That's what I consider to be A+ customer service.
websites don't always do the trick or the whole trick when you have a service issue that requires that something be changed/adjusted/stopped/started.

i cancelled a credit card recently due to fraud through the chase app last week and someone still had to call me a few days later to discuss the matter in depth for @ 15 minutes.

why did i have to waste time doing both? stupid.

and i just got off of a 30 minute phone call with ecu health/vidant billing about a bill from a drs appointment last december that they tried to bill to my health insurance that expired literally years ago. this phone call was after messaging with a representative on mychart multiple times and then calling the number she gave me which was in fact the wrong number and they finally transferred me to ecu/vidant who i believe now have my new insurance on file and will bill them for this invoice.

i've spent an hour + on this now due to mistakes/incompetence on their end. my insurance is really good and definitely covers this visit. to add to the craziness, they billed my new/active insurance for the lab work. so, they had the correct information on file somewhere but still somehow tried to bill my old/nonexistent insurance for the physician's visit. the layers on layers on layers of communication are absolutely absurd.

Last edited:
Back