2024 Presidential Election | 44 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 90K
  • Politics 
The man took the gun and held it in his hands. There was a raised center rib between the barrels and inlaid in gold the maker's name, London. There were two platinum bands in the patent breech and the locks and the hammers were chased with scrollwork cut deeply in the steel and there were partridges engraved at either end of the maker's name there. The purple barrels were welded up from triple skelps and the hammered iron and steel bore a watered figure like the markings of some alien and antique serpent, rare and beautiful and lethal, and the wood was figured with a deep red feather grain at the butt and held a small springloaded silver capbox in the toe.
Cormac?

Football season dominates all, whether it's politics, other sports, or general entertainment. Especially in the Midwest. In the minds of those Midwestern voters, 95% have already made their voting decision. Football season is sacred, and only the biggest of impactful stories will break into their news cycle. And it will run all the way past the election. So for those worried about momentum fading, don't. For once football kicks off in those states, just avoiding pitfalls is all you need to do.
Damn, that almost makes me want to pull for Minnesota when they play UNC. Almost...

Before the Capitol riot of January 6, 2021, “I knew Donald Trump’s mental imbalance. I had seen it up close. His denial and then delays when the Covid pandemic struck, his penchant for repeatedly stomping out of meetings, his foul mouth, his pounding on tables, his temper tantrums, his disrespect for our nation’s patriots, and his total separation from reality and actual events. His repeated, ridiculous insistence that he was the greatest of all time,” Pelosi wrote.

Pelosi also described how Trump’s staff members, such as Mark Meadows, Trump’s final chief of staff, allowed Trump to listen in “surreptitiously” on private meetings with congressional leaders, causing Pelosi to ban cell phones from her meeting rooms on Capitol Hill.

She needs to step back and aside. First and foremost, she sounds old as hell.

Indeed. Here's another:

He had with him that selfsame rifle you see with him now, all mounted in german silver and the name that he'd give it set with silver wire under the checkpiece in latin: Et In Arcadia Ego. A reference to the lethal in it. Common enough for a man to name his gun. I've heard Sweetlips and Hark From The Tombs and every sort of lady's name. His is the first and only ever I seen with an inscription from the classics.

Karl Rove:

“… Daron Shaw of the University of Texas at Austin, suggested over email that the genuinely up-for-grabs voters consist of three groups: true independents who don’t lean toward either party, non-MAGA Republicans, and less-motivated low-interest voters.

Mr. Shaw, who is also Fox News’s poll director, says voters within these three groups who remain undecided or weakly linked to their current choice make up as little as 1.8% of the electorate. I’d suggest this share could be as high as 5%, given the number of undecided voters in national polls. That’s not a large figure, but in a tight race it would matter.

Being able to inspire party loyalists while appealing to independents has long been the mark of political thoroughbreds. Neither Mr. Trump nor Ms. Harris qualifies for that designation, but each needs only to be better than the other. Today, she appears likelier to do that than he does.

The past six weeks have shown that the pendulum can swing rapidly and wildly.

For the first time this year, the Trump campaign is floundering. Mr. Trump seems rattled. He’s making plenty of unforced errors and wasting valuable, irreplaceable time on insults, side issues and trivia. All this undermines his cause.

The Trump-Vance ticket needs to become much more disciplined and settle soon on an effective line of attack against Harris-Walz that wins over swing voters and then stick to it. If it can’t achieve both these goals, a race Mr. Trump was on the verge of winning three weeks ago could be lost.”

What really gets me is that if the dems had selected someone else through the process instead of Harris, they would be yelling and screaming that the party didn’t automatically pick the VP of the running party to be the candidate. I mean, realistically, who else and how else do you think the dems were going to select?

And it absolutely was the will of the people that it should be Harris. People voted in the primaries for Biden with a fair number of them doing so fully expecting that if Biden won, he wouldn’t make it through another four years.

Steve Colbert put it best...

these guys aren't journalists; they are stenographers.

Back