2024 Presidential Election | 45 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 89K
  • Politics 
Where is Donald Trump and why isn't he on the campaign trail anymore?
He will be in Montana on Friday but may be met by some bill collectors :sneaky:

On Friday the former president will take the stage at tiny Brick Breeden Fieldhouse on the campus of Montana State University, while Harris and Walz will be in Phoenix, followed by a Las Vegas rally on Saturday.

As NBC-Montana is reporting, Trump last appeared in Montana in 2018 in four cities — two of which are still waiting on him to pay 6-year-old bills.

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s moral to prosecute your political opponents. I don’t think it’s moral to define everything based on race and gender. I don’t think it’s moral to let the fascist/threat to democracy narrative with Trump get so out of control that you said we need to put a bullseye on him and a week later there was an assassination attempt on his life. I. I don’t think it’s moral to tell the country the president is fine mentally and keep the charade up until half the country is “shocked” when it’s revealed on national television that he’s a vegetable.
If you want anyone to take you seriously, you've got to retract some of this BS. It's outright ridiculous.

1. Prosecuting political opponents BECAUSE they are political opponents is bad. Prosecuting political opponents because they committed crimes is not bad. Otherwise, it gives an incentive -- one that Trump took up gleefully -- for criminals to run for office and then not have to worry about prosecution. Also, it's bad for rule of law for the leader of a party to get carte blanche just because he's a leader of a political party.

Ask yourself: did Trump have national security documents; did he give them back when asked; did he give them back in response to a subpoena; did he instruct his attorneys to lie about giving them back in response to the subpoena; did he actively hide the documents to cover for the fact that he didn't give them back?

If the answers are (all of these need only be answered in terms of probably) yes, no, no, yes, yes, then he has to be prosecuted. Because he would be a dangerous criminal if that was true. Do the same thing for January 6, for his phone call with Raffensberger, his fake elector scheme. It's mind-boggling to think that it's "immoral" to prosecute the guy.

Oh, and Trump is not Jack Smith's political opponent.

2. If it's immoral to define everything in terms of race and gender, then why do you folks do it all the time? Every time anyone calls Kamala a "DEI hire" they are making it about race. Kamala isn't doing that. YOU are doing that. YOU are asserting, implicitly, that her race and gender are the only reasons why she is here. That's YOU. And of course don't get started on trans. For someone who doesn't make everything about gender, you sure talk about it a lot (including in the very same sentence).

3. The assassination attempt had nothing to do with allegations that Trump is a fascist and you know it. The guy was a school shooter who decided to think bigger. And if you don't like terminology like "fascism," then don't be a fascist. I mean, seriously, learn what it is. Then you will see that it describes the GOP.

4. The "vegetable" somehow managed to get the hostages freed while he had Covid, while he was thinking about stepping aside. He's never been a vegetable. He's perfectly capable of doing his job, as evidenced by the fact that HE IS DOING HIS JOB, AND WELL.

After Trump lost in 2020, he basically ignored the job of the presidency. He was laser focused on stealing the election. He started replacing all his cabinet members. He completely ignored the vaccine distribution. Biden could have done that, but instead he's focused on being a good president for the remainder of his term.

Again, we know that Biden is capable of doing the job BECAUSE HE IS DOING THE JOB WELL.

Now it's Trump and the GOP who seem old and tired - his campaign rallies, even before Biden dropped out, didn't seem to have the same energy and crowd enthusiasm as they have in previous years. He does seem like an entertainer who has lost his mojo and is just repeating his same old routine without the same level of energy.
As they said on Morning Joe recently, at this point Trump is fat Elvis...

I would never try to make the appeal that Trump is a “moral” guy. I think he’s an asshole.

But my vote is also me picking who I think will do the best job, and the only way morality would come into my vote is if I thought one side was moral and there other immoral. I generally find both sides of politicians to be immoral.

I don’t think it’s moral to defend rioters and looters. I don’t think it’s moral to prosecute your political opponents. I don’t think it’s moral to define everything based on race and gender. I don’t think it’s moral to let the fascist/threat to democracy narrative with Trump get so out of control that you said we need to put a bullseye on him and a week later there was an assassination attempt on his life. I don’t think it’s moral to say “you ain’t black if you don’t vote for me”. I don’t think it’s moral to tell children they can choose their gender. I don’t think it’s moral to support equity over equality. I don’t think it’s moral to tell the country the president is fine mentally and keep the charade up until half the country is “shocked” when it’s revealed on national television that he’s a vegetable.

And so on and so forth. Does that answer your question?
Lot's of BS with this. Trump is a fraud, a con, a felon, a habitual liar, bragged about sexually assaulting women, a narcissistic sociopath, and is definitely ok with fascism as long as it keeps him in power. That's all he cares about. And the reason he has so much support is because unfortunately there are still a lot of racists and bigots who want this country to only be for white, straight Christian extremists. The narrative about him is not out of control, it's the truth. And the shooting didn't have anything to do with politics. The guy looked into trying to shoot Biden, too. He was just doing it to be famous and get attention. And your comments about defining everything about race and gender, and telling kids they can choose their gender are so off base and show you have no idea about the world outside the bubble you have built around yourself.

Think we're in a bit of a honeymoon period. Will it drop back down and by how much?

The DNC will be important to watch. Its been stunning to see how fast the DEM machinery has solidified behind Harris. I'd probably be more concerned about what's going outside the DNC than inside: watch for the Palestinian protests. That could get ugly and be a major roadblock.
The Palestine protests will not even be a speed bump. They will be in a designated protest space. This isn't going to be 1968. In 1968, the riots were caused by the police, who had a deep enduring hate for the hippie protesters. That's unlikely to be the case now.

Lot's of BS with this. Trump is a fraud, a con, a felon, a habitual liar, bragged about sexually assaulting women, a narcissistic sociopath, and is definitely ok with fascism as long as it keeps him in power. That's all he cares about. And the reason he has so much support is because unfortunately there are still a lot of racists and bigots who want this country to only be for white, straight Christian extremists. The narrative about him is not out of control, it's the truth. And the shooting didn't have anything to do with politics. The guy looked into trying to shoot Biden, too. He was just doing it to be famous and get attention. And your comments about defining everything about race and gender, and telling kids they can choose their gender are so off base and show you have no idea about the world outside the bubble you have built around yourself.
IIRC you were a Republican voter for quite a while in the early part of the century, yes?

We have a lot of former Republicans here. Which makes sense. Most here are college educated. In the past, the college educated demographic was either even or leaned R. Now it's overwhelmingly Dem.

Trump voters: "He's so much tougher and so much more respected and feared by other world leaders!"

*World leaders openly boast about how easy it is to manipulate him*

Trump voters: "He knows how to stand up to Russia!"

*Trump repeatedly gets on his knees for Vladimir Putin every time he is in front of a microphone or a rally crowd*

Trump voters: "He's so much better on border security!"

*Trump blocks (and boasts about blocking) the most comprehensive, sweeping immigration reform and border security legislation of the 21st century, one that was created by staunch Republican Senator Jim Lankford who represents deep red Republican Oklahoma*

Trump voters: "He's so much better for the economy!"

*Trump presided over the worst economic collapse since the Great Depression, and his proposed economic policies for a potential second term have nonpartisan economists and Fortune 500 CEOs (many of which are major Republican donors) alike sounding alarm bells about how Trump's economic proposals will cripple the American economy*

Trump voters: "He's a straight shooter who tells it like it is! He talks directly to me!"

*Trump says completely indecipherable shit about cancer-causing windmills, electrocution sharks, and Hannibal Lecter*

Trump voters: "He's so tough and strong and manly!"

*Trump is morbidly obese, wears caked-on orange makeup, wears lifts in his shoes, wears an adult diaper, and whines and cries all the time about how he is the most unfairly treated person in the history of the country*

Trump voters: "He's brought so many more people into the Republican tent! Black people, Latino people, women people, young people!"

*Black, Latino, female, and young voters- and basically everyone who isn't a non-college-educated, rural, and/or evangelical Christian nationalist are fleeing from the Republican Party and choosing the Democratic presidential ticket in polling*

Trump voters: "Fuck your feelings!"

*Facts don't care about Republicans' feelings*

Vance talking to a room of maybe 200 not including reporters in the same town in Wisconsin where everyone else is at the Harris event

Well, their campaign planes are parked near each other at the Eau Claire airport, so Vance apparently did take the opportunity to troll the Harris campaign by walking over and standing in front of her plane and bragging to reporters that he hoped he would be using the same plane next year and that maybe reporters wanted to ask him questions because Harris never takes questions, etc. He then walked proudly back to his own plane, no doubt happy with his trolling. Never mind that his "rally" had less than 200 in attendance while Harris and Walz attracted upwards of 30,000 in a Republican area.

If you want anyone to take you seriously, you've got to retract some of this BS. It's outright ridiculous.

1. Prosecuting political opponents BECAUSE they are political opponents is bad. Prosecuting political opponents because they committed crimes is not bad. Otherwise, it gives an incentive -- one that Trump took up gleefully -- for criminals to run for office and then not have to worry about prosecution. Also, it's bad for rule of law for the leader of a party to get carte blanche just because he's a leader of a political party.

Ask yourself: did Trump have national security documents; did he give them back when asked; did he give them back in response to a subpoena; did he instruct his attorneys to lie about giving them back in response to the subpoena; did he actively hide the documents to cover for the fact that he didn't give them back?

If the answers are (all of these need only be answered in terms of probably) yes, no, no, yes, yes, then he has to be prosecuted. Because he would be a dangerous criminal if that was true. Do the same thing for January 6, for his phone call with Raffensberger, his fake elector scheme. It's mind-boggling to think that it's "immoral" to prosecute the guy.

Oh, and Trump is not Jack Smith's political opponent.

2. If it's immoral to define everything in terms of race and gender, then why do you folks do it all the time? Every time anyone calls Kamala a "DEI hire" they are making it about race. Kamala isn't doing that. YOU are doing that. YOU are asserting, implicitly, that her race and gender are the only reasons why she is here. That's YOU. And of course don't get started on trans. For someone who doesn't make everything about gender, you sure talk about it a lot (including in the very same sentence).

3. The assassination attempt had nothing to do with allegations that Trump is a fascist and you know it. The guy was a school shooter who decided to think bigger. And if you don't like terminology like "fascism," then don't be a fascist. I mean, seriously, learn what it is. Then you will see that it describes the GOP.

4. The "vegetable" somehow managed to get the hostages freed while he had Covid, while he was thinking about stepping aside. He's never been a vegetable. He's perfectly capable of doing his job, as evidenced by the fact that HE IS DOING HIS JOB, AND WELL.

After Trump lost in 2020, he basically ignored the job of the presidency. He was laser focused on stealing the election. He started replacing all his cabinet members. He completely ignored the vaccine distribution. Biden could have done that, but instead he's focused on being a good president for the remainder of his term.

Again, we know that Biden is capable of doing the job BECAUSE HE IS DOING THE JOB WELL.
post of the day !

Back