2024 Presidential Election | 46 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 89K
  • Politics 
Hubris, desperate or crazy like a fox?

“Campaign sources tell Axios that despite having to defend past comments, Sen. JD Vance(R-Ohio) has signed up for a tough conversation with the N.Y. Times' "The Interview" podcast.

Why it matters: It's part of a "come-at-me" media strategy by Vance, who has faced constant questions about "childless cat ladies" and other previous statements about women and parents. …”
A and B, but definitely not C.

the gaslighting here is really staggering even for this crowd.

the army literally issued statements confirming both the physical altercation with a trump staffer pushing an arlington staffer and the fact that the entire event violated arlington cemetery rules and federal law by taking photos and video at Section 60.
I’m almost positive Watters is a foreign agent. And if not an official one, he’s certainly a useful idiot.

the gaslighting here is really staggering even for this crowd.

the army literally issued statements confirming both the physical altercation with a trump staffer pushing an arlington staffer and the fact that the entire event violated arlington cemetery rules and federal law by taking photos and video at Section 60.
Seems as par for the course as can be from that crowd to me.

Hubris, desperate or crazy like a fox?

“Campaign sources tell Axios that despite having to defend past comments, Sen. JD Vance(R-Ohio) has signed up for a tough conversation with the N.Y. Times' "The Interview" podcast.

Why it matters: It's part of a "come-at-me" media strategy by Vance, who has faced constant questions about "childless cat ladies" and other previous statements about women and parents. …”
Maybe they could ask him about this topic:

Ironically, and as much as I am loathe to find agreement with JD Vance on much of anything, I find myself in agreement with much of what is highlighted in those tweets above. I think that he is exactly right that for many/most "Christian" evangelical Trumpers, the Christianity is purely cultural identity as opposed to actual spiritual identity. And as someone who was, unfortunately, raised and reared in the Southern Baptist church, I also agree with him that many non-Protestant denominations are a lot more "in tune" with the modern multicultural world than are Protestant denominations.

Ironically, and as much as I am loathe to find agreement with JD Vance on much of anything, I find myself in agreement with much of what is highlighted in those tweets above. I think that he is exactly right that for many/most "Christian" evangelical Trumpers, the Christianity is purely cultural identity as opposed to actual spiritual identity. And as someone who was, unfortunately, raised and reared in the Southern Baptist church, I also agree with him that many non-Protestant denominations are a lot more "in tune" with the modern multicultural world than are Protestant denominations.
Agree completely. Southern Baptists are very tribal. I will say that Vance's rather accurate take on Evangelical Protestant denominations is just more proof that he is ultimately just an empty shell who has sold his soul (and ethics and morals) in exchange for political power. All he cares about now is pleasing his GOP base and brown-nosing Dear Leader and angling for the GOP nomination in 2028 or 2032.

To the girl in the purple shirt just to VP Harris' immediate left at the podium of the Pittsburgh rally . . . I just want you to know that I've fallen in love with you . . . ! You have stolen my heart

Back