2024 Presidential Election | 46 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 
Kamala's new ad regarding border/immigration. This is brilliant.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Assuming that Trump loses and MAGA Nation gradually fades into the mists of history (like Huey Long and his Share Our Wealth nationwide clubs) I have no doubt that historians fifty years from now will mention Rudy's epically disastrous press conference as one of the symbolic moments of the entire MAGA movement. Although other events like January 6 were obviously more important and will receive a good deal of space, Rudy's conference will at least get a mention in the history books somewhere. And what's amazing is that for many people in the future the only thing they may see about Rudy will not be his tenure as NYC's Mayor and his handling of the 9/11 attack that brought media praise and being named TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year", but instead his Four Seasons press conference with his shoe polish hair dye rolling off his face like sweat. And people seeing that will think, "what a weird little dude, how the hell did he ever become famous."
Don’t forget his farting (or, given his age, shafting) during a hearing.

In a way it’s sad because he did some good things. Hell, there was even a time (NOT in the last 10-12 years) that I would have considered supporting him for higher office. But he ended up being a joke and that’s his own fault.
Rudy?

I lived in Manhattan during his mayorship.

He sucked.

Crime in NYC started down before he became mayor.

Crime nationwide trended down while he was mayor.

Rudy was a blowhard and self-promoter as mayor and before and after.

When his wife, Donna Hanover, signed up to do The Vagina Monologues in 2000….that was BEAUTIFUL. All of New York was laughing….AT Rudy.

9/11 elevated his profile. Then, he returned to earth and face-planted.

He’s a schmuck; he’s always been a schmuck.

A law-and-order schmuck who thinks the laws apply to you and me and not him. That’s Rudy.

We have been for decades.

Remember, Jesse Helms was a 5-term United States Senator. He wasn’t a 1-term oops.
Exactly. Helms was and still is the standard bearer for NC politics. Of course McCory and his rubber stamp general assembly with their bathroom bills and running off all the Hollywood productions in the State certainly didn’t help. But that pales in comparison to Helms… what was it he called UNC? The University of… what was it?

I wonder if she has changed?

Not so sure I agree that Harris is being embarrassed here, but it is a really good reminder of the extent to which Harris’s experience as a prosecutor was a real liability in the 2019 -2020 Democratic primary. Clearly, the crowd was behind Gabbard’s framing and questions. The one most damaging for this election was probably comparing Mary Jane convictions under Harris versus admitting using marijuana herself.

If she were still politically relevant, it would be interesting to know whether Tulsi cared about these criminal justice issues at any time after these primaries ended. I don’t actually know, maybe she has become a criminal justice warrior. I do recall being surprised how much billboard space she bought. In South Carolina leading up to and during the primaries.

That clip did remind me of this — maybe the best cast on stage in a skit at SNL at once since the first season.

Exactly. Helms was and still is the standard bearer for NC politics. Of course McCory and his rubber stamp general assembly with their bathroom bills and running off all the Hollywood productions in the State certainly didn’t help. But that pales in comparison to Helms… what was it he called UNC? The University of… what was it?
I honestly don’t know. What did he call it?

Back