2024 Presidential Election | 46 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 
I honestly don’t know. What did he call it?
Easily google-able. But I’ll save you the trouble.
Ole Jesse called UNC “The University of Negroes and Communists” on several occasions… and there is no doubt the other N word was used as often as not when this was bandied about back in the day.

You know. Back in the day when America was great… a time the pubs want to take us back to again.

However, I’m with Kamala. We aren’t going back.

Ole Jesse called UNC “The University of Negroes and Communists” on several occasions… and there is no doubt the other N word was used as often as not when this was bandied about back in the day.

You know. Back in the day when America was great… a time the pubs want to take us back to again.

My memory is he typically said "Nigras"

I figure it was the N word but I was thinking children for the C and that didn’t make a lot of sense. Helms was trash. I’ve got a family member that speaks fondly of Helms. She really is a good person but she’s got a blind spot to that one. This person’s dad use to work with Helms.

This is reason #1 I’m cautiously optimistic this Kamala wave has staying power. I truly think most Americans are absolutely sick of Trump’s relentless negativity and assholery. We just needed someone who could not only make good policy, but also convey an optimistic and hopeful future. Long way to go but Kamala is nailing it so far, and people are responding.

My memory is he typically said "Nigras"
That was my granddad’s go-to word after my Mom told him he couldn’t say the N-word around her or her kids…….this was after his first wife (my Mom’s mom and my grandmother) had died…..she wouldn’t have tolerated the N-word or “nigra.”

I remember in a “profiling” article…..one to show us the human, warm, personal side of Jesse Helms……it was mentioned that he never used n-word or nigra (I didn’t believe the article), but he called blacks “Freds” in private……anyone ever heard “Fred” used to refer to blacks?

Jesse Helms did sing “Dixie” on the Senate elevator when he entered it and Illinois Senator Carol Moseley Braun was there (she was the first female African-American senator).

Back