PA (19 EVs)
MI (15)
WI (10)
AZ (11)
NV (6)
NC (16)
GA (16)
NE-2 (1)

Fun/scary to play with -- pretty easy to come up with a 270-270 tie, which would go to the House and hence to Trump. Democrats need 271 to win, probably a few more in case of faithless electors. PA, MI, WI and NV get them there without AZ, NC, GA or NE-2.

Trump Demands Equal Airtime in Light of Biden’s Planned Address​

President Biden is set to address the nation on Wednesday night from the Oval Office to discuss the end of his re-election bid.

"... in the letter, which was obtained by The New York Times, the Trump campaign’s general counsel, David Warrington, asserted in advance of Mr. Biden’s speech that it would most likely address Mr. Biden’s endorsement of Vice President Kamala Harris as his successor.

Based on that assumption, Mr. Warrington wrote, “it appears that President Biden’s speech will not be a bona fide news event, but rather, a prime-time campaign commercial.” Citing the Federal Communications Commission’s “equal time” rule, Mr. Warrington insisted that Mr. Trump be given similar time on air, arguing that Mr. Biden’s address was a “campaign speech,” even as Mr. Biden is no longer technically a candidate for the presidency.

... The Trump campaign’s letter was a throwback to an earlier, pre-cable era in television, when the broadcast networks were held to strict “public interest” standards to ensure that their local stations aired all sides of the issues and gave candidates equal access to the airwaves.

Until the 1970s, they were duty bound to give candidates who were challenging sitting presidents equal time to respond to televised presidential addresses and news conferences."

Any time I hear a right winger like my cousin who barely graduated high school talk about "research" I visualize a 40 year old woman on her 3rd glass of wine at 10:00 at night googling shit that lights up her confirmation bias
Precisely.

Honestly, Kamala has had a fantastic 48-hours, but we could be overrating her campaign because just experiencing an actual campaign versus the absence of any meaningful campaign until Sunday afternoon. We knew there was a void but now just having someone doing campaign stuff emphasizes that there really wasn't a Democratic presidential campaign in process. Trump had the entire playing field to himself.

The Biden campaign was a void -- so Kamala having an active campaign looks like a supernova.

Black Hole Art GIF by LOCAL STREAKER

Animation Supernova GIF by NASA
Compare her to the alternative not the almighty

And I could be wrong, but I believe the CNN polling has been consistently one of the worst for Biden in this cycle. So much so that I wrote them off as an outlier a few months ago.

If she’s already polling within the MOE, it’s a positive development.

Any time I hear a right winger like my cousin who barely graduated high school talk about "research" I visualize a 40 year old woman on her 3rd glass of wine at 10:00 at night googling shit that lights up her confirmation bias
I went to high school with all those women. They dominate my Facebook feed to this day. The dumbest ones are the most certain and therefore, sadly, are also the most prolific.

Geoff Duncan endorses Harris, says he’s ‘committed to beating Donald Trump’​

Former Atlanta Mayor Bottoms joins ‘Politically Georgia’ to talk about vice president’s Atlanta connections

Back