2024 Presidential Election | 46 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 89K
  • Politics 
LOL. In fairness, the Republican candidate is periodically a crook. The RFK is the most improbable connection, I would think.

The Minnesota thing is funny but augurs poorly. Our national candidates from MN have generally not been successful.
Those MN candidates have been successful as VP candidates, however.

LOL. In fairness, the Republican candidate is periodically a crook. The RFK is the most improbable connection, I would think.

The Minnesota thing is funny but augurs poorly. Our national candidates from MN have generally not been successful.
While it's certainly true that Minnesota candidates for president have not done all that well - Humphrey and Mondale both lost - as vice-presidential candidates they were both very successful, as they were on winning tickets. LBJ and Humphrey won in an historic landslide in 1964, and Carter and Mondale squeaked through over Ford and Dole in 1976. If Walz was at the top of the ticket I'd be concerned, but as a veep candidate his chances are pretty good.

Love the leaning in to “joy.” Being the happy ticket vs the angry ticket.
Agreed! I think it’s been underrated how the negative tone of politics overall has depressed voters. Of course, I do think that Trump is a threat to democracy. I think it’s important to highlight that. But, like Walz has said, fear gives them power. Joy scares them.

The energy and unity among Democrats since Biden made his decision has really blown me away - I haven't seen the Democrats this United and energized since 2008
Agreed. I was thinking earlier today that I haven't seen Democrats in general so excited and fired up over a ticket since Obama's remarkable 2008 campaign. Hopefully they can keep up the enthusiasm right through election day. Now it's Trump and the GOP who seem old and tired - his campaign rallies, even before Biden dropped out, didn't seem to have the same energy and crowd enthusiasm as they have in previous years. He does seem like an entertainer who has lost his mojo and is just repeating his same old routine without the same level of energy.

Back