2024 Presidential Election | 46 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 
MAGA apparently thinks of themselves as the cool kids, but must am have some memory of high school or dim awareness as adults that they know that is not true, so their cool-kid construct must be so fragile that being called weird is impactful.

Anyone who is actually a little weird knows that “weird” is one of the most easily deflected schoolyard tags — usually something like “you’re weird” answered by “yeah, so?” did the trick. As long as you embrace the strange, it’s hardly crushing to know people clocked your weirdness.

Maybe deep down, MAGA has impostor syndrome and they know Trump is not the superhero of their fetish fan art, and somehow obvious oddball HD Vance emphasizes that?

I’m just spitballing. It has been very surprising to me that what I considered a badge of honor in middle school and HS (being called weird from time to time in my time) is really ruffling their feathers.

Being labeled weird is a badge of honor, if your "weirdness" is just another way to describe your own brand of unique.

For MAGA, they really are just plain weird. They have ideas that don't comport to common sense or rationality. The dream of a world where women are only incubators, immigrants are ostracized, LGBTQ is vilified, non-Christians bend the knee, and democracy exists only in name where the entirety of federal powers protect the ultra-wealthy.

It's great seeing them on the defensive.

Suddenly, the Election Is About Weird vs. Normal

DONALD TRUMP IS “old and quite weird.” He is “someone you wouldn’t want to sit near at a restaurant.” JD Vance is “a creep.” He would empower states to track women’s menstrual cycles and federal authorities to block them from crossing state lines for abortion care. This pair is bizarre. Just plain strange.

Behold the Harris for President campaign’s increasingly favored line of attack on the Republican ticket, an approach credited to both Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz and Vice President Kamala Harris herself.

The Vance-is-a-creep email made me blink in surprise. But by the time the weird-guy-in-restaurant statement showed up a few hours later, with the word “strange” in the subject line, I laughed. Who wouldn’t relate to that? Could it be that Democrats are . . . onto something?”

Lord I should send these folks one of my pathetic but emotionial 50-100 dollar donations
Vote.org is in fact a 501(c)3, so give away and enjoy a tax break. I have a smallish donor advised charitable giving fund and will add them to my list. Another really good 501(c)3 is Former Clinton Labor Secretary Robert Reich's inequity media (Inequality Media with Robert Reich) . For an old fogey he has a huge youth following and has great digital game.

Vote.org is in fact a 501(c)3, so give away and enjoy a tax break. I have a smallish donor advised charitable giving fund and will add them to my list. Another really good 501(c)3 is Former Clinton Labor Secretary Robert Reich's inequity media (Inequality Media with Robert Reich) . For an old fogey he has a huge youth following and has great digital game.
My coordinator is his first cousin. Reich is apparently an incredible artist as well.

Labeling them weird is surprisingly effective. It's really getting under their skin.
I love it. And pretty much all the VP candidates are really good at conveying it. It has two huge benefits. First, it’s obviously true, and anyone not in the MAGA indoctrination universe already knows it. Second, it blunts at least some of the concerns swing voters might have about some parts of the Democrats’ wide and diverse coalition. In other words, Dems may be “weird” in some ways, but we embrace it and celebrate it. Pubs are even weirder, but they get all up in their feelings when that truth is stated.

I propose Kamala refer to orangeturd as donut don
or may "dough nuld"

So Suffolk county, NY was the largest gdp producing county that went for Trump in 2020? What is produced in Suffolk county? I’m genuinely curious.
Suffolk County's GDP was $125 billion in 2022—the #3 highest out of 62 counties in the state.

So Suffolk county, NY was the largest gdp producing county that went for Trump in 2020? What is produced in Suffolk county? I’m genuinely curious.
Suffolk County is full of people who take the LIRR into the city to work everyday. At least before work at home. It also includes a bunch of rich people in the Hamptons.

Harris campaign pledges she won’t ban fracking​

Kamala Harris’ shift on fracking comes after GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump raised her 2019 stance calling for banning the oil and gas drilling technique.

"...
The response by the Harris campaign came after the former president brought up statements Harris made during her 2019 primary run pledging to ban fracking at a Minnesota campaign rally on Saturday.

“Trump’s false claims about fracking bans are an obvious attempt to distract from his own plans to enrich oil and gas executives at the expense of the middle class,” the Harris campaign said in a statement. “The Biden-Harris Administration passed the largest ever climate change legislation and under their leadership, America now has the highest ever domestic energy production.”

“She would not ban fracking,” a campaign spokesperson said in a follow-up email to POLITICO. ..."

"
Keeping your voters enthusiastic is the key to getting them to the polls when early voting begins.

This metric dramatically changed for Democrats when Joe Biden dropped his re-election bid and endorsed Kamala Harris:

1. Less than a month ago, a new Wall Street Journal poll found just 37% of Biden voters were enthusiastic about him, but now 81% of Harris voters are enthusiastic about her. That compares to 85% of Republicans who say they’re enthusiastic about Donald Trump.
  2. A new ABC/Ipsos poll shows 88% of Democrats are now enthusiastic about Harris as the nominee, while 82% of Republicans say the same about Trump.

As Democratic pollster Mike Bocian told the Wall Street Journal: “This is an astounding change.” ..."

When President Joe Biden announced just a week ago that he would not accept the Democratic nomination for president, he did not pass the torch to Vice President Kamala Harris.

He passed it to us.

It is up to us to decide whether we want a country based on fear or on facts, on reaction or on reality, on hatred or on hope.

It is up to us whether it will be fascism or democracy that, in the end, moves swiftly, and up to us whether we will choose to follow in the footsteps of those Americans who came before us in our noblest moments, and launch a brand new era in American history.

- HCR

Back