2024 Presidential Election | 46 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 
How would it work for Vance to be “fired”? He can’t actually be fired because he was nominated and approved by the convention. I guess he’d have to be convinced to step down (he’d have to come up with a face-saving excuse). Would the Republicans need to reconvene to nominate and vote on a replacement?

This is *assuming* today's GQP would follow the rules:

(c) In the event of the death, resignation, disqualification, removal, or disability of any officer of the Republican National Committee or member of a committee of the Republican National Committee, such vacancy shall be filled by the same body and in the same manner as provided herein for the election of such officer or officers or committee members in the first instance.
In the case of a vacancy in the office of either secretary or treasurer of the Republican National Committee, the chairman shall appoint an acting secretary or acting treasurer from among the members or officers of the Republican National Committee who shall serve until the next meeting of the Republican
National Committee, when an election to fill such vacancy shall occur. In the event of the death, resignation, disqualification, removal, or disability of
the chairman, the co-chairman shall serve as temporary chairman until the members of the Republican National Committee fill the vacancy in accordance with the
provisions of this section. All appointees of the chairman of the Republican National Committee shall serve at the pleasure of the chairman until removed by the chairman, until replaced by another appointee, until the position is eliminated, or until the position is vacated by the appointee.
Unless otherwise specified by these rules, appointments are not affected by the subsequent vacancy of the chairmanship by the appointing chairman.

(d) In the event of the death, resignation, disqualification, removal, or disability of any member of the Republican National Committee, the vacancy shall be filled according to adopted state Republican. Party rules. If no rule exists, vacancies shall be filled by majority vote of the Republican state committee.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://prod-static.gop.com/media/Rules_Of_The_Republican_Party.pdf

As to what constitutes "disqualification," I assume it's up to the eye of the beholder. *shrug*

"I hardly knew him. Vance was part of the ticket only for a very short time. I wasn't a fan, I can tell you that."

He’s right. If we win, we are going to make all of his supporters tattoo their pronouns on their foreheads!

Well, shit, this might be the first damn thing about which he has ever told the truth in his entire life.

Also, thanks for the campaign ad material, champ!

May have missed this earlier but looks like even Bernie has endorsed Harris. His statements over the last few days were typical annoying Bernie so glad he can be quiet for a day or two.

MSN

Back