2024 Presidential Election | 47 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 
I understand where you are coming from, but dementia can really move the needle in people's perceptions. Being a racist won't change anyone's mind. Being cruel won't change anyone's mind. But start comparing him to someone who reminds you of Uncle Jack who can't remember your name, or whether he left the stove on, and perhaps you start to realize that you don't want someone like Uncle Jack having the nuclear launch codes.
MAGAs don’t care. They’ll follow him straight into hell.

I’m not sure who would still be fence sitting here. We just need the sane people to get off their asses and vote.

Last edited:
I understand where you are coming from, but dementia can really move the needle in people's perceptions. Being a racist won't change anyone's mind. Being cruel won't change anyone's mind. But start comparing him to someone who reminds you of Uncle Jack who can't remember your name, or whether he left the stove on, and perhaps you start to realize that you don't want someone like Uncle Jack having the nuclear launch codes.
Honestly, reminding them of Uncle Joe who couldnt remember their name back in June is relevant. And they were terrified of Joe's dementia. They need to be made aware of the issues Trump has.

"Former President Donald Trump plans to deliver remarks next Monday about cryptocurrency and the launch of the company World Liberty Financial, a crypto platform controlled by the Republican nominee’s sons Donald Jr. and Eric.

His speech will come 50 days before Election Day, an extraordinary use of dwindling campaign time to promote a personal business. The Republican former president has long mixed his political and business interests and marketed sneakers, photo books and Trump-branded Bibles during his 2024 campaign.

... As part of his presidential campaign, Trump has pledged to turn the United States into the “crypto capital of the planet,” raising red flags that he could use the federal government to help support a business tied to his family. ..."

"Former President Donald Trump plans to deliver remarks next Monday about cryptocurrency and the launch of the company World Liberty Financial, a crypto platform controlled by the Republican nominee’s sons Donald Jr. and Eric.

His speech will come 50 days before Election Day, an extraordinary use of dwindling campaign time to promote a personal business. The Republican former president has long mixed his political and business interests and marketed sneakers, photo books and Trump-branded Bibles during his 2024 campaign.

... As part of his presidential campaign, Trump has pledged to turn the United States into the “crypto capital of the planet,” raising red flags that he could use the federal government to help support a business tied to his family. ..."
the grift keeps rolling along

My son and wife were at the Greensboro event and said it was packed and high energy. Just need to bring that energy out to actually vote. Would love for NC to turn this race.
I agree completely. But if NC goes Blue on: the Presidential contest, the Governor's contest, the AG contest, and the Superintendent of Public Instruction contest, then (a) that would be a dream come true and (b) would be part of a 1984 national level ass-whooping.

I agree completely. But if NC goes Blue on: the Presidential contest, the Governor's contest, the AG contest, and the Superintendent of Public Instruction contest, then (a) that would be a dream come true and (b) would be part of a 1984 national level ass-whooping.
And yet they would still dominate on the state level due to gerrymandering and through representation in the US House. So infuriating.

How is it that everything from new voter registration to funding and everything else data wise points to a Kamala win but the polls shows them as a dead heat?
I need to be talked off the ledge a little, lol.

I’ve generally thought Pope Francis has been a really solid pope, at least on the papacy scale, but this may be the most tone deaf, morally-compromised comment by a pope since the Medicis.

Pope Francis on Friday described the choice US voters must make in the presidential election as one between the “lesser of two evils,” deeming former President Donald Trump’s anti-migrant policies and Vice President Kamala Harris’ support of abortion rights as both being “against life.”

“One must choose the lesser of two evils. Who is the lesser of two evils? That lady or that gentleman? I don’t know,” Francis said during a press conference on the papal plane, referring to Harris and Trump. “Everyone with a conscience should think on this and do it.”

How is it that everything from new voter registration to funding and everything else data wise points to a Kamala win but the polls shows them as a dead heat?
I need to be talked off the ledge a little, lol.
Because vote models go by what they project the electorate may look like. Given it can vary polls can struggle when there are composition shifts of a large variety.
When you get lots of new registrations impacting one party, it can shift the hell out of things and polls struggle. It's why they were so bad in 2016.

Honestly just read a lot of his insights

Nah. The presidential contest is the least like to go blue, and that's entirely possible without getting anywhere close to 1984. I mean, come on.

Back